Saturday, July 09, 2005

...a ROYAL mess...

I was thinking that maybe a better choice of self-appointed title would have been "princess" rather than "queen", as the former implies youth, beauty & innocence whilst the latter elicits a more regal, wise & sophisticated image . Well, that, and the image of a flaming homosexual man, which I most definitely am not. "Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

The word on the street around town is the impending arrival of Hurricane Dennis, which looks like it could be pretty rough. Ironically, it is an absolutely GAW-geous summer Saturday -- the ol' "calm before the storm" cliche', I guess... I'm quite certain there will be posting more on Dennis once we start dealing w/ the aftermath... Gee, I can't wait.


On a side note, a customer @ work called yesterday to tell us there were "mews" coming from under the hood of a van on the lot ("work" being the family car dealership), so of course I had to go out there & take a gander... Needless to say, I came back w/ a mad little kitten in my grubby hands!!! He softened up quickly after eating some sliced roast beef & getting lots of petting -- but then again, who wouldn't!!!??? Grandmother was kind enough to let the little guy live @ the barn (I say "he" b/c we think we saw his landing gear)... Add another critter to the family zoo... surprise, surprise... What can I say? We're suckers for animals...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home