Tuesday, November 27, 2007

thankfully rested...

Jon & I did something a little different this year for Thanksgiving -- WE WENT ON A CRUISE!!! We spent the weekend in Orange Beach with mi familia (one pic above, one below) before hopping aboard a ship in Mobile and getting the eff out of dodge... and let me tell you, it was fan-fucking-tastic (if I do say so myself)...
Contrary to the way it may seem, the timing of the trip was not indicative in any way of us attempting to skip out on Thanksgiving cooking -- as many who know me and my culinary prowess might initially think -- it was just the best week we could both swing it. (Jon actually enjoys cooking -- gasp!). No ulterior motives.... this time. But don't think I won't consider it again in the future now that I've learned! I swear, think I probably gained 10 lbs. (at least?) in the past week! Ahhh, gluttony... For those of you who have never been on a cruise, you must know one thing: the food is delicious and ENDLESS!!! 24-hour pizza bar? Dangerous. And the dinners ain't half-bad either, as evidenced by the ever-present food coma (see below). Yes, that really was as far as he got:We made stops in Cozumel (where we drank) and Calica, Mexico (where we road 4-wheelers on the beach and through the jungle), and the rest of the time we were somewhere in the Caribbean. Something about being on a boat in the middle of nowhere is so relaxing and stress-free. Even if someone needs you, what can you do, right? And when you've got origami "towel animals" greeting you every night, how can you go wrong!? I admit it, I'm a total sucker for them, falling right into their grubby little hands -- whoever came up with that great marketing gem was a genius.....

And now for some obligatory pictures (always my favorite part): Of course, a good time was had by all... and while it's always good to GO, it's also just as good to get HOME.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Supermom said...

I am jealous!! I can't get my husband to get near a cruise. (fuddy dud). I guess to go on one in my lifetime, it will have to be a gal trip.

origami animal towels were the bomb!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home