Friday, February 03, 2006

Guilty Admission. And Random Thoughts on Beer, Hair, etc.

My Christmas tree is still laying in my backyard. How terrible is that? I have the corpse of my poor little tree that was once lit up & *sparkly*, just laying there rotting away. It's quite pitiful, as you can see. But there is a reason (or an excuse?) -- my dad is going to put it in the lake b/c it's supposedly good for the fish nesting & all that, we just haven't done it yet. But still, it's looking pretty scraggly.

It's also about the only thing in my relatively large backyard, except for some small trees, birdhouses & feeders galore, and a good-sized pine tree whose top half was ripped off by Hurricane Katrina (that whore). So, yeah, a topless tree. Fortunately, from the porch, you would only see the bottom half that was left intact anyway. So, really, it's never even noticed, bless its heart.

In case anyone is rusty or just curious as to what drinking $1 draft beers will do to you, just look @ Jon & myself in the picture at left... I always look entirely too giddy when I get a nice little buzz. And Jon? He just seems to turn kind of red -- and none too thrilled to be posing for picture after picture after picture (since he's dating a self-professed camera whore)...

And for those of you who have seen pictures of Jon on here before? Yes, he did have more hair not so long ago. Allow me to explain. I was awoken from a nice nap to Jon standing there, wearing a cap, & uttering the words, "Well, I did it. I told you I would." Being a bit groggy & having just watched an episode of "That 70's Show" where they drew a Frida Kahlo-esque unibrow on Jackie while she was sleeping, my first response was, "If I look in the mirror and see that I have one eyebrow, I'm gonna kill you." He looked at me like I was crazy (admittedly, I can see why) & then took off his hat, & the pretty, blonde, sun-bleached locks were gone. Shaved off, buzzed, AWOL. Yes, he had told me he was gonna do it -- at some point. And I even knew he had a haircut appt. that day, I just didn't know it was "D-Day". But while I was just a little taken aback at first (after all, I look at him more than he looks at himself), it's growing on me & I quite like it. Plus, it's fun to rub. ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is great to "read" you again!

I am home now... and just trying to adjust to the time difference.

Glad to be home! Trip was WONDERFUL!

7:16 AM  
Blogger will said...

watch out rubbing that head - you very well could catch something..

7:42 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

And he's a pretty good catch at that...

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

Hey ... this is hilarious. Turning red, shaving his head, hilarious. Plus, I LOVE "That 70s Show" -- LOVE it! Hilarious.

I like bald guys too.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home