Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day, Fellow 'mericans!!!

Fire up that grill, get out the cold beer, it's Memorial Day here in the United States. Most of you are off of work today. I'm not. We'll just leave it at that.

The big news of the weekend? Thousands dead in an earthquake in Indonesia? Principal Vernon from "The Breakfast Club" died? Two journalists killed in Iraq? Nope...

Rather, the media frenzy seems to be about this: And Then God Said, Let There Be Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt... Or, as some are calling it, "Jesus Jolie-Pitt". The Velvet Hot Tub had this to say:
"2027's Sexiest Woman Alive is Born -- After 9 months of anticipation, the genes of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have produced what one can only assume is to be an extremely attractive offspring. Jolie gave birth to a baby girl named Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt Saturday night in Namibia... What ever happened to the name Sarah, or Emily, or Lauren? Moses, Suri, Kingston, Shiloh... those are pet registry names."
Sorry, but you can't beat Zolten & Moxie CrimeFighter (kids of Penn of Penn & Teller) or Inspektor Pilot (poor child of Jason Lee, a.k.a. "Earl"). And do I even need to start with the Zappa family & their penchant for, ummm, unconventional names (although I give props to them for having the forethought to name a kid "Diva")? In fact, "Shiloh" is actually kind of sweet & meaningful. You know, relatively. For Hollywood. Or Namibia. Or where-the-fuck-ever.

And how about releasing a picture of the baby? I'm still not sure this Suri Cruise kid really exists yet. Do you remember how fake Katie's "bump" looked? It was gi-normous. Conspiracy theorists, mount up!!! Hee, hee...

I have a new dream destination to add to my ever-expanding list: Fethiye, Turkey. In fact, I think I could even be happy staying at this dump. I mean, if I wanted to rough it and all. Ha! Seriously, though, does this place not look like the shit?

Okay, enough daydreaming. Back to work. Happy Memorial Day, everyone!!! I am quite sure the parents of these girls are proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home