Friday, May 19, 2006

Sick & Tired of Being Sick & Tired...

I am sick with the bird flu, emphysema, typhoid, TB, the plague, and about a million other things. No, but seriously, I have been sick with a hacking cough (it's lovely, you should hear it), I talk like I have cotton balls jammed up my nose, and since I have to breathe through my mouth, I sound a bit like Darth Vader. Really, it's a lovely, lovely time to be around me. I feel about like little Mattie there -- pooped (except for the fact that she's tired from laying around all day long & fending off the other household crumb-snatcher, Winston).

Random Observation (and I mean really random): I took this picture just around the corner from my house after getting stuck behind a backhoe moving at a snail's pace, if not a wee bit slower. Boredom can do amazing things. But anyway, my point is, does it not look like one of the default Windows backgrounds ("Bliss" -- see left) that comes on your computer? Well, without the rolling hills & clouds... plus there's a fence... and cows... and trees... but still: Anyway, it's Friday, & while I've had yet another drama-filled week at work, I don't feel as much of a need to institute to the "no-give-a-fuck" policy this weekend. I'm not ruling it out, just not putting it into immediate effect.

Take a gander at my silly-ass dog, Winston, at right. He is a total SPAZ (seriously, you have no idea). He looked up at me & his ears were sticking out like ponytails, so of course I couldn't resist snapping away. Oh, & hilarious that when you look up "spaz" at urbandictionary.com (which I love, love, love), it suggests similar words such as: mong, twat, & fucktard. Classic. Although I would never stoop to calling my sweet Winston a "fucktard". Spaz is sufficient.

I think daffodil season here has been over for months, yet I found this little jewel growing in a corner of one of my flowerbeds. No doubt a result of my random midnight flower-planting session I had several months back. I take no credit for the 'shrooms, though:

I apologize for the dullness of this post. Kind of reflects how I feel right now -- just bleh. If only I could hack nice & loud through the computer for you, but alas, technology is not that advanced yet. Well, I could record it & finagle a bunch of shit, but I'm not gonna. So just use your imagination. It's probably much better anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

sorry to hear you aren't feeling good.... sounds like allergies to me...

Hope your weekend is full of rest and relaxation...

9:01 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

I have managed to sleep most of the weekend away -- whether it be the result of the crud I have, the meds I'm taking for it, or my affinity for sleep, I'm not sure... But it sure has been nice!!!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home