Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lights, Camera... that's it.

Well, it finally happened. My Sony Cybershot camera bit the dust. Well, actually, that is not 100% true. I won't get into the specifics (suffice to say it was late and there was alcohol involved), but the Cybershot took a nasty spill out of my hand and into the concrete (kamikaze? suicide? murder?), rendering the LCD screen completely useless. We were together for years & years. We've been through a lot, the two of us. I will still need some time to grieve. Sniff, sniff...

Sooooo... knowing that I could not possibly allow myself to be short even a single camera for Christmas, I went straight into hunting mode and, while I was just going to get another Sony (stick with what you know/like, right?), I changed my mind at the last minute and bought a Canon PowerShot instead. So far, so good, even though it's only been a day. Wish us luck!

And now, for the inaugural photos.... There is the original tortured camera subject, my muse, the Edie Sedgwick to my Andy Warhol, my "sweet" Dixie Lou:
And of course, my yearly "Fun with Christmas Tree Lights" project continues (note: this is what happens when you drink wine and decide to play with your camera with only the Christma tree offering up itself as a willing subject):


And I am sure there will be more where those came from (of course). I have a new toy, therefore, I have an obligation to play with it... :)

R.I.P. Sony Cybershot. In the words of the great Dolly Parton, I will always love you...

2 Comments:

Blogger Supermom said...

Cute Dixie Lou!

9:51 AM  
Blogger ~grey said...

awwww... poor sony cybershot..
Glad you got another toy to play with! Heard that was a good camera too.

I love playing with my Nikon D40

Very cool christmas lights photos

Happy HOHO and a Merry Jingle Jingle!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home