Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Good Advertising.

I was going through some of the old & oh-so-random pictures on my comptuer and found this jewel, which requires a little bit of explanation.

The picture you see to the left is from the men's urinal in a bar here in town (Midtown Grill, for all of you Meridianites out there). The website that was scrawled on the wall (and which has been enlarged for your convenience) is the address for the website belonging to a ministry done at my CHURCH -- and for which I am a contributing writer (scary, I know): http://www.pavingyourway.com
Before you jump to any conclusions, I DID NOT WRITE THIS ON THE WALL ABOVE THE URINAL. Personally, I like to think that I have found more effective advertising venues, but whoever did do it, it obviously got noticed. Note: I would like to make it known that this lovely graffiti was brought to my attention by a fellow church member who was also at the bar and who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty and/or innocent, if not both -- he noticed it and insisted that I take a picture and send it to our karaoke-happy, fun-loving, awesome minister, which of course I promptly did. Rest assured that I do not just randomly hang out in men's bathrooms looking at wall art. And as we all know, things are much funnier once you've had a couple of drinks flow down the hatch already. That being said, THIS was funny.

Can't beat a little free advertising, right? Even if it does involve urinal cakes and empty automatic towel dispensers...

3 Comments:

Blogger will said...

now THAT is what i call good stuff...

8:38 AM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

What kinda church do you go to? It sounds like my kinda place ... karaoke-loving minister? I'm in.

1:54 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

My minister is awesome -- his renditions of "Play That Funky Music White Boy" and "I'm Too Sexy" were instant classics!!!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home