Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Maternal Instincts. Or Lack Thereof...

Thomas in the pool -- July 23, 2005 So the family came & went this past weekend w/out incident. Well, almost w/out incident.

See the little cutie-patootie to the left? That's my nephew, Thomas (or "Bubba T", to my dad)... His "Mimi" (my aunt) & I decided to go swimming on Saturday w/ him and were struggling to blow up some silly inflatable turtle & were not paying attention. Go figure. All of a sudden, from the comfort of my reclining raft complete w/ beverage holder, I hear splishing & splashing, only to look over & see one little 2-1/2 year old in toothpick position, arms flailing above water. And for those of you who do not already know, if you straighten yourself into toothpick position in water, you will SINK. Just for future reference. Thomas knows that now, too, by the way...

Thomas -- July 23, 2005Mimi & I decided to wisely keep this little incident our little secret (aside from my public posting of it here on my blog, but oh well), as his mom & dad really do not need to know that we almost let their son drown. Hey, I'm just here to teach the little guy that life ain't easy, right? Hee, hee... In his defense, he's a hell of a little trooper -- no tears, jumped right back in (is that courage or stupidity?)...
I love this child to death, but I have never claimed to have very astute maternal instincts... Suffice to say I have had the same cat for 7 yrs. & the same dog for 4 yrs. (my babies) -- so I'm not too shabby of a "mom"! Just not ready for miniature humans needing my undivided care & attention just yet!!!! But kudos to all you parents out there -- you're braver than me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

OMG. Hilarious though scary. You're funny.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home