Friday, February 17, 2006

Back to the Carefree Days of No Responsibilities...

My dad sent me an e-mail containing a PowerPoint attachment showing some amazingly beautiful pictures. But when I came to one of the pics, a gorgeous waterfall, I was like, "Holy shit! I think I've been there!" So I pulled out my trusty travel picture folder and there it was -- almost the identical picture of Erawan Falls near the Kanchanaburi Province in Thailand (the picture to the left is my scanned, less-than-stellar quality photo -- click on the "Erawan Falls" link above for some gaw-geous pictures). And for those of you who don't know, that is where the River Kwai Bridge is located -- obviously the inspiration for the 1957 movie "Bridge on the River Kwai"... We even stayed @ the Felix River Kwai Resort just below the bridge.

Anyway, concerning the title of this post... That month-long trip to Thailand (& Singapore) was made back in 2000 while I was on my "hiatus" between a move from Memphis back to Mississippi when I was just 23 years old -- hence the "carefree days of no responsibilities"... My boyfriend @ the time was spending the summer in Kenya & we met up in Bangkok & then played around Thailand... It's amazing how time flies!!! I do at least have a trip to visit my friend Matthew in Prague coming up to look forward to, though... I get the travel-itch if I don't do it often enough, I swear -- I guess I've been a pretty lucky girl to have had so many opportunities to visit so many great places so far in my life... ;)
Koh Phangan, Thailand
And for those of you following along with my housemate/garagemate, the frog in the Christmas cactus (henceforth to be known as "Frog"), he's still alive & kickin'... And isn't he just adorable? Ha! I put the plant outside on the porch for a few days since it's been warm for some fresh air & bugs for the little guy, and he just hung out on one of the leaves for a couple of hours. And no, you don't have to say it -- I know I'm weird...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

It's WARM? WARM? What does that word mean? We've got snow everywhere and I think my child got frostbite in his sleep last night. You aren't that far south, so what's the deal?

p.s. Quit making us all jealous with your travel crap. I get excited when I go to the mall across town rather than the "close" mall.

3:58 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Oh, don't worry... it's not warm here now either. I ventured out to the grocery store today & when I looked at my rearview mirror where it shows the outside temperature, it simply read "ICE". No, there is no ice, but it's fricking freezing here, Mr. Bigglesworth!!!

I think I'll go have myself a cold beer to warm myself up... ;)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home