Tuesday, February 07, 2006

"Let them eat cake!!!" --Marie Antoinette

Flowers from my sweetheart, Jon...A big, fat THANK YOU to my sweet boyfriend, friends, and family who remembered my birthday... 29 years old -- the last one before the big 3-0 -- yikes!!! As one friend endearingly called me, "you old bitch" (by the way, she's only a couple of months behind me, so her time, too, shall come). I got presents, flowers, singing on my answering machine (not to mention on the paging system at work), dinner, wine, hilarious cards, and a great guy & family to share it all with... Sappy? Yep, but what more can a girl ask for, right? Well, the tradition of the framed "Dead President" never hurts (thanks, Mom!)...
And on top of that, my grandmother found a little palomino pinto filly (for those of you who don't know, she raises miniature horses) she wasn't expecting in the pasture, just born, yesterday morning -- so we share the same birthday!!! She's absolutely adorable, just like me! Ha!!!

Another year older, but what a whirlwind of a year it's been (in a good way)... so I'm not complaining!!! ;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welll.... Happy Birthday to you Miss Queenie...

Hope this year is the best one yet!

Sounds like you had a great time. Sharing these special moments with friends and family is always the best.

Needra

1:33 PM  
Blogger will said...

happy bday to ya! glad you had a good one...

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

Yay for 29! Did you get my card?

And how special that the little foal popped out on YOUR day!

Yay for us! And the foal (and the mama). And YOUR mama -- what a gift!

Hope you enjoyed your day,
Kim

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home