Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Methinks I may be way too easily amused...

Last night, I spent half the night on the floor taking ridiculous pictures of my animals -- while poor Jon tried to ignore the sheer stupidity of what I was doing & how silly I looked. It all started when I gave Dixie Lou some catnip & she was suddenly a very happy girl -- imagine that. If you'll look at the picture to the left, that is what a cat looks like high. On catnip, at least.

Jon & I had to watch Winston very closely or he would just TAKE Mattie's chewy away, even when he knew I was watching, he would blatantly snatch it & run like the wind!!! Little fucker. I love him, but he is a little fucker, no two ways about it. So what did I do? Like any fair mother, took it away from him & gave it back to her, where she would proceed to flaunt it in front of him -- so they're both little shits, actually. I like to call this photo "The Tease": But then again, what can you expect from a mother who dresses her dog in this? (Or who paints her fingernails that gaudy-ass color of purple, for that matter!)On a different note, I went by my grandaddy's grave to check the flowers, and found that, yet again this year, killdeer birds had laid 4 little eggs on his grave (see pic below). I even wrote about this in a devotional last year that you can read HERE because it just touched my heart so...And speaking of deer... well, not really, but I figured "killdeer" was close enough for a tangent. Our pet white-tailed doe, Willow, appears to be pregnant & even has a little bag (milk, udders, all that fun stuff). I started doing some reading and, apparently the peak time for white-tailed deer to give birth is in late May or early June. So, if that is the case, we may have us a baby (or two!) soon!!! She has been hanging close to home lately -- hmmmm... I know my grandmother can't wait -- she always loves a baby animal... or just animals, for that matter!

2 Comments:

Blogger umrebel said...

I read "kill deer birds" as "killer bees" Holy Shit

3:50 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

No killing of the deer. Or birds. And how did you get "bees" from that? Are you paranoid & stoned?

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home