Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother...

My morning started out just dandy (out of the way, lest you be drenched in my dripping sarcasm)... My mom (the other drama queen in the family)called my cell phone at work, crying, telling me she had left her purse in a cart in the Wal-Mart parking lot -- jewelry, cash, credit cards, her "whole life!" I told her that I was on another call & would have to call her right back so she snaps something bitchy & hangs up. Note: This seems to be a weekly thing now for HER to call ME & end up hanging up on me for one reason or another. [I love, love, love my mom, but we can have a very feisty relationship, especially if we are both stressed -- & let me tell you, we were both stressed!!!] Short story long, my dad left the country on a mission trip & I can't get in touch w/ him to tell him that the credit cards he took probably won't work b/c I'm going to have to cancel them, she can't even remember which credit cards she had in her wallet, the cash he gave her while he is away is now all gone, etc. And then all of a sudden, out of my hand, my cell phone goes hurling across the room (i.e. my office) in a fit of rage & frustration (thankfully I had only gotten the "free upgrade" phone, so who really cares, right?). The consummate professional, I am...

Now, for the rest of the story... It's true, y'all -- there ARE actually good & honest people left in this world!!! After about 20 minutes, the phone rings & this sweet little lady is on the other end saying she has my mom's purse... I scream out, "Thank God!", tell her we'll give her a reward & promptly call my mom, who had, at this point, calmed down & tells me that she just finished saying a prayer about it. See? God listens!!! (And also keeps us from killing one another like rabid dogs!)

After the purse was back & all appeared to be in good order w/ nothing missing, I tell my mom that my bottom teeth hurt from how hard I gritted them when I chunked my phone at the poor office fridge, & she said, "Hmph, it's really hard for me to feel sorry for you about that." My retort was almost, "Well, it's kind of hard for me to feel sorry for you losing your purse by being plain careless." But I didn't. Because I never make mistakes -- ha! Seriously, though, she's my mom & even though we give each other a [really] hard time, I still love her to bits. So instead I just said, "Okay, you got your purse back, now go home."

3 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

I would have chucked the phone too....

Glad to hear Mother got her purse back.... mine was the same way. It happened to her, yet it was my problem.

Just give her a hug and tell her you love her....

3:35 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

I do love her, even if she can be a pain in the ass sometimes!!! But I'm sure I get her back plenty for it!!!

Lucky for all of us, it worked out well... Thank God!!! Seriously!!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I'm glad you got the picture posted, it's nice. Belize is beautiful.

Ben O.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home