Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Long Time, No Blog.

Okay, so it hasn't been that long, but it's been too long nonetheless... Before I launch into anything new, here is one of the pics that I luuuuuuurve taken on Thanksgiving Day (aren't the colors fabulous?) and which I could not get Blogger to upload when I tried before (boooooo!):
Now, I've gotten that out of the way to get on to this... We went to New Orleans this past weekend for the Saints-49ers game and had a BLAST!!! Needless to say, we partook of the general drinking and debauchery that comes along with any [good] trip to the Crescent City... Yes, those are the drunk eyes coming out on my part... pretty much the norm when I drink. And at The Three-Legged Dog, it was a 2-for-1 special, so I was doing some damage to some Abitas!!! Let's say I got just drunk enough that I was entertained by finding interesting graffiti on restroom walls for the rest of the night (don't ask me why, but it made me giggle):
Just for the record, no, it was not a gay bar. But I wouldn't have cared in the least... By the way, take a peek at the top headline in USA Today last weekend (below, taken on our way into New Orleans in Slidell) -- "Crime takes a hold of new New Orleans"... Great timing, huh?Although my parents & others had told me that it was hard to tell that Katrina blew through the French Quarter, I was still so excited to see that it was still the same!!! (Though the spray paint dictating whether dead bodies were inside houses is still an ominous reminder of the destruction as you drive through parts of town)... But it was still NEW ORLEANS and it was still wonderful -- not to mention the Saints won!!! Woo-hoo!!! Can't ask for much more than that in a weekend...

(I'll post more "straggler" pictures later...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're so pretty!!!! And I absolutely love the nature picture. GORGEOUS. What a great shot. The colors!

7:25 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Well, aren't you just too sweet!? Thank you bunches, dah-ling...

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy now...

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home