Tuesday, August 28, 2007

i'm so cranky, i could be a dwarf...

From my beloved, Wikipedia:

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a severe form of premenstrual syndrome, afflicting 8% of all women. It is a mood disorder associated with the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.The cardinal symptom--surfacing between ovulation and menstruation, and disappearing within a few days after the onset of the bleeding--is irritability (PMID 11571794). Anxiety, anger, and depression may also
occur... it interferes with the sufferer's ability to function in her environment.

You hear that, folks? What smart woman isn't going to argue that she suffers from BOTH this and just plain ol' boring PMS!? Out with the old and in with the new [marketing campaign]. I mean, come on... it fucks us all up month after month after month. We therefore should have a right to milk it sometimes if necessary, don't ya think? [wink, wink]

But seriously, I thought this PMDD stuff was just pretty much just a flaming attack of PMS (ladies, you know it happens). Is the only real difference that some women (and poor men innocently standing nearby, no doubt) are suffering harsher symptoms than others, and therefore their everyday lives are "affected"? That's kind of a vague boundary to draw, no? I mean, whose life isn't affected in some way by that? Aha! An idea for a new drruuuuuuugggg!!! Ka-ching. I'm in.

I will say this... I'm totally rooting for it on the platform for more bitching rights. More justification for what I've long been doing already, you know? And can you tell by my looovely cynical attitude that I really do have cramps & am all pissy for no good reason at all right now? Otherwise, there would be none of the "aww, my pussy hurts..." diatribe here... At least none so literal. I promise... So, sorry. :(

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Supermom said...

As hubby asked as he leaves for work today, "why are you scowling? Why are you in such a cranky mood?"

I wanted to launch in to the whole,
"Because I've been up since 4:30 feeding the cat, feeding the dog, getting showered, fixing coffee, getting our son's uniform out, filling out the order form and check for school pictures, changing the litter box, getting the trash together to set out for garbage day, preparing our son breakfast, packing my lunch for work, putting on a load of laundry, replacing the roll of toilet tissue on the spool since you don't know how, picking up the trash in the living room from your late night snack attack, gathering the bills to pay today, thawing meat for dinner tonight, cleaning up the cat barf I stepped in, killing a spider on the wall, loading the dishwasher for clean plates tonight, throwing out the old leftovers that slap me when I open the fridge, check over son's homework one more time before school and prepare to load up and drive my son the 20 miles to school before being at work myself at 7:30."

"All while you set the alarm and get your ass out of bed precisley the 32 minutes it takes you to shower, dress, and head out the door without a minute to spare."

But I just answered, "PMS".

9:24 AM  
Blogger Resister said...

My former lady friend had Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). She was properly diagnosed by a competent doctor and given shots every three months. The shots made a big difference for her. I had to video her outburst and irrational behavior to prove to her she needed help.

After another year or so, I realized she was just a cranky, ungrateful, demanding bitch. Ain't no shot gonna fix that.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home