Friday, December 16, 2005

Partido de Navidad de la Compañía

We had our company Christmas party last night and it was quite fun... For those of you who do not know, I work in a car dealership, so we set up the Parts counter as our bar, the paging system was flooded with cheesy Christmas tunes (which I later realized was also being piped outside for all to hear), and the showroom floor housed all the yummy & no doubt unhealthy food (including my dad's delectable tenderloin that he always cooks)... Let's just say I had a lot of "parts" to pick up and spent a good bit of time visiting that area... And I was probably a smart girl -- the camera did not make an appearance this year... I'm sure y'all were all looking forward to some blackmail-worthy incriminating pictures, but alas, there are none this year... However, you can bet your sweet ass that the embarrassing stories about fellow co-workers were abounding -- many of which involved drunken exploits & escapades from Chistmas parties past... ;-)

My good friend Matthew is scheduled to get home today from his first semester teaching in Prague -- and I suspect he's been doing a lot more fun stuff than just teaching, and I'm jealous as all get-out!!! I can't believe he's been gone over 4 months already... It will be soooo good to see him (although I'm not one bit jealous of that overseas flight, especially having to be in airports around the holidays!)...
Hard to believe Christmas is almost here. However, if one more person asks me if either: a.) I'm ready for Christmas, or b.) I've gotten all of my shopping done, I think I will scream. There's not need for small talk -- they don't really care, I don't really care, let's just not bother, ok? And by the way, just for the record, the answers to those questions are NO and NO...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

So are you ready for Christmas? Have you done all your shopping?

I HAVE! NA=-na-na-boo-boo.

I don't have your address or I would've sent you a card. But I do have a few left so if you get on the ball then maybe you'll still get one ... they're mighty cute. Not that I'm bragging. But really, my kid is a knock-out. Not that I am biased ... LOTS of people agree. I think even YOU agree. But I'm rambling ...

Waiting on your address,
Kimmy

p.s. Mouton sent out photo cards with herself and Gidget Ann in front of Bonnie Jean's fireplace. Hilarious. Where's the one of you and your critters? I guess that's just one more thing you haven't gotten around to this year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I am going straight to hell.

2:28 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Actually, you have a tasteful Christmas card from me & Jon on its way -- you'll love it. Fridge-material, for sure!!! After they've all gone out, I'll post a copy of the card here for all to see -- it's mighty classy (it's really not at all)...

And I must agree, you've got yourself a pretty darn adorable child. Especially in the picture I have of him sucking on a Lynchburg Lemonade bottle -- my kind of kid!!!

Address is on its way to your Inbox... be on the lookout!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Mother Goose' comment... too funny.

I too hate it when everyone asks if your ready and if your shopping is all done.... "what do you think I am in this store for...." is what I want to scream at them.

I don't do christmas cards...

Sounds like your company Christmas party was fun...
I feel lucky in the sense that working in a bar (club) I get to join in everyone elses christmas party too. Lets see... in December... I have been to at least 3 Christmas Parties a week.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home