Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's a Boy!!!

Yep, that's right... a new addition to my household has unexpectedly arrived -- his name is Winston and he is absolutely adorable, sweet, cuddly, lovable, all the those adjectives that are mushy, gushy and good!!! My mom & grandmother adopted this little black & white Pekingese from the Lauderdale County Humane Society, but I ended up taking him home with me... Mattie was thrilled at first, but now she's starting to realize that perhaps he's here to stay -- but they run and play and get along famously. Just a little bit of sisterly jealousy... Dixie Lou, on the other hand, is not so happy. Hisses, growls, the works. But we'll all adjust, I just adore him to death already. He's already my little shadow (another one!)...
This is now my second "adopted" dog and I find that they are the best, most loving creatures ever... I would encourage anyone to do the same next time you are looking for a new buddy. I mean, come on, just look at that sweet face...

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

You stole your mom's new puppy?!

12:39 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Yeah, I'm a sweet daughter like that.

It was actually after her 3-1/2 lb. chihuahua tried to stake his claim as "Alpha Dog" by attacking the new dog (who was already gun-shy). So I figured he'd be better off with my little slut of a dog who loves everyone... ;)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home