Friday, May 05, 2006

Feliz Cinco de Mayo, Amigos!!!

Guess I'd better start brushing up on my Spanish with all the illegal immigrant stuff, huh? That entails a margarita w/ some chips & salsa and a whole lot of mutilation of the Spanish language. Ha! As for the meaning behind the celebration of "Cinco de Mayo"? Hard to believe it's not all about tequila, but wouldn't you know that it always has to involve some bullshit on the part of the French...

*From a hi-larious gossip update I get via e-mail every week: "Rosie O'Donnell will replace Meredith on The View. Her first order of business is to eat Star Jones Reynolds with a plastic knife and fork."

I've said this before, but I love this time of year in my hometown b/c it is so pretty... especially at my parents' house. They have a great back porch with lots of flowers, plants, and a fish pond with all kinds of critters inhabiting it (all of which they added AFTER I moved out, of course!!!)... If it weren't for those damn monster mosquitoes we get 'round here that love to suck my blood, I could sit out there for hours... It's always a zoo over there -- my parents sitting out back, each with their parrot (Jemima & Tallulah), the dog (Julio), horses in the pasture out front, and often the deer (Willow), who shows up for her 'Nilla Wafers. I tell you, we are an animal-dander paradise!!! I'm sure this was a rather disgusting surprise, but at least they were drunk when they discovered the "sediment". Just read it. And on that note, hope everyone has a good and safe weekend... Thanks heavens it's finally here!!! ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

beautiful backyard....

I can't believe that Rosie is going to take over for Meredith... I can't see that being a good move. Star just looks hidious now!

Have a relaxing weekend

8:31 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

It's especially nice when the hummingbirds start their "wars" and dive-bomb each other right over your head while you're trying to drink a nice, relaxing glass of wine on the back porche!!! Ha!

I'm glad Rosie is taking over (I'm not a huge fan of "The View" -- can you tell?) b/c that will be one more person who can drown out Star Jones Reynolds and her fat ass. ;)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home