Tuesday, May 09, 2006

FAT Tuesday.

I'm currently sitting here trying to drink some green tea. You know, for health benefits & to lose weight & all that good stuff. {because there has to be some good reason for drinking this shit!} "Trying" being the operative word. But I must admit, it's hard as I do not find it to be the best-tasting potable out there. I swear, though, I think maybe I'd just be better off to try the Master Cleanse diet of lemon water, cayenne pepper, and syrup -- which is basically fasting while drinking an utterly nasty concoction (& which would hinder my alcohol consumption -- gasp!!!). But I've heard it works, so...

Okay, this is horrible, but I cannot help but look at this guy, Manuel Uribe, and think that his stomach looks like a giant ball sack. Terrible, I know, but I'm just being honest. Maybe I have a dirty mind, but I have discussed it with some colleagues at work (even worse) and they all agree as well. And don't any of you be surprised that I have a crude mind. You know some of you out there thought the same thing. Or if not, you do now...

This is what kind of sick, sadistic bitch I am: see the picture to the right? That is an antbed in my backyard that I seem to find joy in poking just so that I can watch all the worker ants scurry around & freak out (apparently the first time I poked, I got their "egg stash" -- nice). I know that is horrible & I am a mean, mean person, but if you watch them -- really watch them -- they are fascinating little creatures (I know what you're thinking -- she must have been high). They run around a bit in panic mode, then you can see them re-stabilize & coordinate themselves until they are back to relative normalcy -- a "collective intelligence", if you will... (I used to have a math teacher who would end any math-related sentences or theorems with the words, "if you will..." and it drove me crazy like fingernails on a chalkboard -- I am ashamed I stooped so low). Perhaps I have just missed my true calling as a Myrmecologist. Mmmm, sounds kinky. Or not... ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger JonPDalewood said...

ahh, i see now...it all makes sense. ant entomology is what you consider "kinky"...hmmm

8:45 AM  
Blogger ~grey said...

I feel so sad for him.... but why go to Italy?? from Mexico... and I am sorry... but who pays for this. Just drives me crazy thinking about it.

I also feel sorry for the ants....lol wait a minute... No I don't. Poke away Queen...
hopefully Jon doesn't get any weird ideas... lol

2:26 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

JP: I just said it sounds kinky, not that I thought it was... I got smarts better than that! ;)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home