Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rain, Rain, Gone Away...

Today is beautiful & sunny, but yesterday, it rained like all hell had broken loose here!!! Torrential downpours, flooded streets, hail, the works... It was lovely, let me tell you. A real mood lifter: As a point of reference, the picture at left shows the same parking lot from above today (I know, I could have picked a prettier landscape, but this is where I work, people... and I sure as hell wasn't going to run out in the rain yesterday to grab some picture of rolling fields and pastures just for the sake of a prettier scene!). Isn't it gaw-geous outside today? I could have faked sick and gone to lay out by the pool today, but I think everyone at work might wonder what happened if I came in with a tan or a sunburn tomorrow, right? Ho-hum...

Of course, as the old cliche' goes, with every cloud there is a silver lining... A friend of mine took the picture to the right with her camera phone of a double rainbow after the storm. That makes the 3rd rainbow I've seen since Saturday. Needless to say, we've had lots of interesting weather ' round here -- but, that's just springtime in good ol' Mississippi!!!

Do not attempt to adjust your screens concerning the picture at left. At around 7 p.m. or so last night, I looked outside and I swear, the world had turned green. The grass, the light, the sky, the trees, everything. GREEN. I'm not sure if it came out as pronounced as I would have liked in the picture, but it still gives you an idea. It was really kind of eerie... And more importantly, with my olive skin tone, yellows & greens really just make me look sickly, so I didn't even look pretty standing out in my yard -- the horror!!!

And now... this is what happens when you get bored & start taking pictures of random shit around your house for your own self-amusement -- including, but not limited to, both animate & inanimate objects. I swear, this camera has been well worth the $400 or so I paid for it... not sure if that's good or bad, but true. It helps me waste time now like nobody's business... And that, my friends, is priceless!!!Look at those sweet babies above -- delicious!!! Happy Thursday, folks! I can't promise this will be my only post for today, but no promises that it won't... Later, termaters...

2 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

Oh... My... Gd...!!! Girl... That storm looks horrid. I have never seen such an angry looking sky! Wow.

And that green pic... WOW that is awesome. Freaky but cool!

and your babies are super cute as well. BTW... how is your little frog? Did BF take good care of him while you were gone?

have a fun weekend Girl!

2:02 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Funny you should mention my frog -- I think he might have moved out of the plant now that the weather has gotten warmer!!! I keep looking for him, and either he's really good at hiding, I'm blind, or he's evacuated... rest assured, if I catch a glimpse, a photo session will ensue! ;)

The storm was pretty rough -- what I call "FAT RAIN"... but again, that's just springtime in the South... at least we didn't get any horrible tornadoes (knock on wood!)...

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home