Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday Again Already?

  • Nights Out Drinking This Past Weekend: 2 out of 2
  • Days Spent Recovering This Past Weekend: 2 out of 2

But it's okay, because I had a good time... and we all know how I like my sleep, so "recovering" for me was more like a pasttime than a chore. This little affinity I have for BEER that is reemerging could be a potential problem because, once again, I do not like plain "light" beer -- I like the heavier, darker stuff, the ales and the lagers. You know, the fattening stuff. I think that all came about when I would go and stay in Breckenridge, CO when we had a place out there, and my dad and I would sample all of the microbrews. Then, going to to Prague and having heavier beer there, well, that didn't help either. ;)

Let's see... on Friday night a bunch of us met up at a local bar and just drank for no good reason other than it was, umm, Friday? Watching young Mr. Willis make the most of his gin & tonics and begin the arduous task of leaving drunk voicemails to friends who were not present was well worth the free price of admission, I think. [Note: apparently anyone who has a monthly tab at a particular bar of $600 or more HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BE BEHIND THE BAR!!! Then again, that doesn't take long when you order $28 crab cakes and suck the gin well dry... but if it ever comes up, now you know...]

Saturday night we went to an engagement party/fish fry for some friends and were forced (kicking & screaming -- ha!) to drink more beer and eat more fried goodness. It was great to see so many people that I have not seen in forever and/or only see on special occasions because they no longer live here or for whatever reason (like the picure @ right of me w/ one of my very favorite people in the entire world, my friend Leigh)...

It rained like a son-of-a-bitch right before the party, which left it muddy, but at least it let up in time to eat & drink!!! Plus, I'd worn my big ol' clunky boots in anticipation of said rain (with my chic-as-can-be embroidered jeans that I love, love, love, just to give you fashionistas out there something to picture in your heads), so I cared not... And I think it's fair to say that the groom-to-be had a pretty good time himself by night's end, despite the mud (see picture @ left). It's amazing what a little alcohol can do... :)

After all of that, I took a day of rest on Sunday. Really, I had no choice -- my body made the decision on its own and told me what I was going to do.

Oh, and is THIS what Pavlov meant by "positive reinforcement"? Hmmm...

4 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

sounds like a fun time...

I get tired just reading it all...LOL

3:33 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

I just don't have the going power I once had... (then again, that's not all that bad of a thing at times -- keeps me out of trouble!)

3:51 PM  
Blogger umrebel said...

I have every right especially after $110 in one night!

4:09 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

At the rate of $110/night, he's gonna be in for more than $600 this month! The gin & tonics say that does give him EVERY RIGHT to be behind that bar...

In fact, maybe Willie should just hire him on as asst. bartender? He would be so good with customer service. ;)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home