Friday, August 04, 2006

Psychoanalytic Babble.

I have this recurring dream where I worry about a college class that I signed up for and forgot to attend. Just plain forgot. The end of the semester is drawing near, and all I can think about is how not having attended this class is going to wreck my GPA!!! In the dream, I have not been going AT ALL, so I try to convince myself that maybe I can just persuade the professor to believe that I dropped the class, they must have forgotten, and everything will be hunky-dory.

Well, considering the fact that I just love to psychoanalyze myself (I mean, come on, who doesn't, right?) -- especially when it comes to dreams -- I had an itching to find out why this keeps popping up in my subconscious. It's not like I have ever been prone to recurring dreams, making it all the more unusual. So... I look up the supposed symbolism for this dream and I get this:
Class: To dream that you forgot to attend a class you signed up for indicates your anxieties and fear of failing. You may also be lacking self-confidence in your ability to handle new responsibilities or projects.
Uh, yikes? That's not exactly comforting. Furthermore, it's always a photography class, which I'm sure is supposed to be some sort of connection to something in the past? I don't know... I may have to do a little more digging on this one before the innards of my soul are chewed up and spit out for everyone to see. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I have this, too. Only mine is accompanied by a forgotten combination to my locker, which will cause me much consternation (read: frenzied anxiety) and make me miss the class. Awesometastic.

6:38 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Eureka! I just read the following in one of dream dictionary books (yes, I have several -- I wasn't kidding about the penchant for self-psychoanalization!):

Taking photos: capturing a realization; taking notice of something, remembering.

[That's the closest I could get to the "photography class".]

Okay, so basically, my dream is telling me I'm afraid of failing at something, but I keep conveniently "forgetting" to attend the class that would make me realize this? Ummm, riiiight.

BTW... Your locker combination apparently could represent keeping emotions or physical tensions locked away so no one can "get at us", or to prevent urges or fears from being expressed. It also goes on to possibly relate it to vaginas and sexual tension, but I prefer the former rather than the latter. If that's the case, why not jump to the conclusion that it also represents constipation? Hee, hee...

12:46 PM  
Blogger ~grey said...

WoW
cool beans!!!

I always love to find out what dreams mean....

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home