Thursday, September 14, 2006

Football + Beer = Happy Girl (Me)

Football has begun and, therefore, I have been enjoying me some BEER!!! Oh Lord, I'm gonna be a fat(ter) ass if I'm not more careful -- because not only have I been reveling in my rekindled romance with the suds, but I prefer darker beer to your run-of-the-mill Miller Lite or Coors Light -- ergo, more calories. (if I'm AT a football game, then it's usually bourbon, of course -- due to the ease & availability of liquids with which to mix it!) One way or another, I just know that I gotta drink to watch football. 2 things I love. ;)

[Speaking of football, my Fantasy Football team, "The Royal Bitches" (comprised of myself & Meredith), won our first game. But I don't want to elaborate or gloat about it too much because it was only by ONE FREAKING POINT!!! We can't be proud of winning like that. Damn you, Trent Green, damn you. And you, too, "Tampa Bay's defense". Boo, hiss!!!]

I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of the fact that, when I walk into our local bar, they don't even have to ask me what I want to drink. All of a sudden -- poof! -- a nice cold draft beer is sitting in front of me (thank you bunches, Lesley!). Unless it's an extra dirty martini night, but that's a whole different ballgame!!! The pic above was me & Christi last night -- a beer night, thank goodness. Otherwise, I would be sporting the drunk eyes much more extensively... and likely a headache-from-hell & bitchier-than-normal attitude today.

Later taters... I'm off to down a few cold ones... What? There's no football tonight? Good thing the 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Darling beer, you get me all to yourself. Can you feel the love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home