Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Frankly, My Dear...

Vivien Leigh was voted the most beautiful British woman of all time.
(click on the title above for the full story).

Why, you may ask, is this especially poignant to me? Well, for starters, I used to watch "Gone With the Wind" every day when I was an itty-bitty kid. I'm not kidding. Every... Damn... Day... sometimes repeatedly. My cousin & I even got our own box sets for Christmas one year! I can recite the entire movie -- even the freaking credits! -- which basically means that I am HELL to watch it with. I am "that guy" when it comes to GWTW (or "girl", as the case may have it). Basically, if you want to keep your sanity, avoid watching it with me at all costs, because I will drive you nuts.

Secondly, when I was in kindergarten, we had to create a book that was something to the effect of "All About Me" (brilliant title, btw). One of the questions was, "If you could grow up to be anyone in the world, who would you want to be?" My answer, without hesitation, was Vivien Leigh. I LOVE HER, ADORE HER to this very day. My teacher thought I was this gifted genius or something because, let's face it, what 5-year old aspires to be a British stage & film actress from the 1930's & 40's, right? Little did she know that I was merely obsessed with Scarlett & her Southern belle bitchiness and thought that Vivian Mary Hartley was the most gorgeous woman ever to grace this planet... (and as for the "gifted genius" part, well, the teacher was right, of course.)

Essentially, I guess I just wanted to be a BEAUTIFUL BITCH. Hmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger JonPDalewood said...

and you have definitely achieved that goal!!! ;)

3:39 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

You know, it's funny, because I sort of thought you might say that. Hee, hee...

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home