Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Obligatory Whore-icane Katrina Anniversary Post...

I can hardly believe that it has been a whole year already since that whore Katrina hit (that's what I've been calling her all along, so why change now, right?), because I can remember it like it was yesterday. One year since we sat on my front porch & watched the storm start to blow in, not really knowing what to expect. One year since we lost power & sat in the kitchen at 1 a.m. w/ the generator hooked up to my t.v., only to see the newscasts & realize just how bad it really was. One year since so many lives were turned upside down & inside out. So much has happened and so much is left to do -- both as a result of Katrina & life in general. For those who experienced Katrina in any capacity, I know it is hard to forget. And forever will be...

And as always, of course, this just makes me want to cry. The animals... I'm all about the critters and their plight, in case you haven't noticed. Breaks my heart -- I wish I could adopt them all!!!

To change the subject a bit, here is a picture of two drunkards at the New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts game in Jackson this past weekend. Hmmm, whoever could they be? [wink, wink] We were fortunate enough to be on a "party bus" of sorts, so there was no driving involved on our part (score!). But let's just say that we barely made it 30 miles out of town before someone on the bus almost got arrested for drinking in a dry county. Nice... But a fun time was had by all (except maybe the Saints, who, not surprisingly, got their asses handed to them).
... and finally, I know this is even more off-topic, but I just can't let this one pass by without giving my sympathy & respect to this woman. Just thinking about this really, really hurts me: Brazilian woman has 14-pound baby... and the Guinness Book of World Records says that there was once a 22-lb. baby born? Oh. My. Gawd.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

It is hard to believe that a year has passed already! So many "news" events show that the area still looks the same as if it just happened last week. Such a shame! I feel bad for all the animals too. They are the innocent in all of this.

what do you mean..."dry county"

cute pic of the drunks... what a cute couple... LOL

11:26 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Merci, merci... :)

Oh, and "dry county" means no sale of alcohol within that county...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_county

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home