Monday, August 21, 2006

Social Functions = Human Butt-Sniffings

And by that, I mean that mass social events are, to me, the human version of dogs sniffing each other's asses. Small talk, bullshit, people you haven't seen in forever and really don't care that you haven't crossed paths, marriages, divorces, affairs, etc. Always good for people-watching, though. And a glimpse of what my mom refers to as my standard "picture smile". Probably not meant as the greatest compliment...

That being said, this past weekend's little fiesta gave me the opportunity to see some good friends who I haven't seen in waaaay too long -- the kind with whom you don't have to go through the b.s. "what-have-you-been-up-to-even-though-I-don't-give-a-shit" conversations. The kind who, no matter how long it's been since you last saw each other, can make it feel like no time has passed at all! Like my hi-larious friend Morgan (one of the few friends I have left who cannot carry on a discussion about breastfeeding or some other child-rearing topic from first-hand experience!) and my adorable little preggers friend Graham:
And my "little sister", Brooke, from the all-important high-school sorority (look, at the time, it was a must, okay?) who I hardly ever get to see because she's off living the high life over in Hotlanta instead of slumming it here with us:
Why am I always on the left in all of these pictures (well, the right side in the pictures, the left side in reality)? Must be my better side... ha! Oh well, while I'm on a roll with it, here is one more:
I think it's a nice touch that Jon & I look kind of drunk in the last picture. Especially since you could have built a campfire off the fumes of his breath alone. In our defense, it was the end of the night -- how poetically [and sadly?] metaphorical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home