Monday, December 19, 2005

Family Holiday Drama, Rainbow Nails, and Friends Who Came Home Skinnier Than They Left...

Monday. Ugh. And not only that, but the Monday before Christmas. Family is arriving, I'm apparently the only one who has a job that actually needs to be done, so when I am not at their beck-and-call (particularly my mother's), I'm made out to be a selfish asshole. Example: I could not meet her @ a store @ the time of HER choice to buy my boyfriend a Christmas present because I'm working... ergo, I never think about others, am difficult to deal with, make everything complicated, etc. Yeah, okay. If they'd give me the whole week off so I wouldn't have to work like them, well, then I'd meet them anytime, anyplace. Otherwise, I've got shit to do!!! Like I told Jon today, let the family holiday drama/fighting begin! It just wouldn't be the same without it...
I've been meaning & meaning to take a picture of the sign shown above that I pass by almost daily. It pretty much sums up the season here in Mississippi. Deer feeders and fireworks. Of course they go hand-in-hand, right?

On a different note, I thought I would share my lovely fingernails with you all, dear readers... Tacky, tacky, tacky -- I love it!!! Blue, Gold, Red, Green, & Purple. What other time of year can you get away with painting your nails like multi-colored Christmas lights, right? (Well, let's be honest -- I can't really get away with it now, but I did it anyway) I think the word my boyfriend used to describe me was, "crazy". And I don't think he meant fun, wild, and "crazy", but more like, that's really strange, bordering on "crazy".

Matthew got home from Prague, and I think we have thus far disappointed him b/c we haven't been real fun, but rather a bit laid-back. He's been more accustomed to going out a lot and, umm, well, now he's back in Meridian. So the options are narrowed a bit. That's why you gotta find a group of people you like and create your own entertainment!!!! (in his defense, we all watched "Christmas Vacation" one night and went to see "Walk the Line" the next -- nothing too exciting to welcome him back home) Anyway, here we are:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

And ... Walk the Line? JCC? You thought of me, right? I mean c'mon ... you had to. I was BORN to play that role. It's just that I didn't have time to audition. I'm busy these days clipping my cuticles and whatnot.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! Your nails are Fantastic!

Now you know I am not from the south... cuz I have to ask... what the heck are deer feeders? and your allowed to buy fireworks... WOW! you all must be special. LOL

9:25 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

jac wannabe: of course i thought of you when jcc exclaimed, "quit clutchin' on me!" ;)

needra: deer feeders lure the deer to a spot where mean ol' hunters can shoot them (remember, we have a pet deer, so i'm biased)... and while i CAN buy fireworks, i don't. no need to be jealous.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and THEY advertise... that they have these mean things!!! that is just cruel!!!

Runn Rudolph RUNN!!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home