Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Full of Hot Air.

On the way to work this morning, I started thinking about how utterly humiliating it would be if there were ever a tape recorder in my car. The reason? I love to belt out horrific sounds that I try to pawn off as "singing" -- and the cheesier the song, the louder & the more horrible said "singing" becomes. This morning, it was Air Supply's "Making Love (Out of Nothing at All)". Yes, I should be ashamed, I know... but at least I'm admitting it, right? Isn't that supposedly the first step to recovery? And not only did I belt it out at the top of my lungs, but I even went so far as to press the "back" button at the end of the song and do it all over again. On purpose. And, dammit, it felt good.

I don't know if it's strange or not, but that time in the car with just me, my radio, and God-knows-what music (literally) blaring is like therapeutic "me-time". To the point that I get totally pissed off if my phone rings, forcing me to actually turn the radio off and, God forbid, TALK to someone. How dare they interrupt this very important self-meditation that I'm so clearly [albeit sadly] relishing!? Of all the nerve!!! {wink, wink}

(It is important to note that my musical tastes are not limited to Air Supply or Air Supply-like music, as shown by the song that followed on my burned CD, 50 Cent's "In Da Club". But have you ever noticed, the cheesier the song, the more fun it is to sing... and to sing badly?)

4 Comments:

Blogger JonPDalewood said...

God forbid anyone interrupt any of your many "self-meditation" rituals...kinda hard to know when to call/talk/interrupt ;)

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!! AIR SUPPLY! And I know this is totally feeding your habit, but I don't care. You probably already know it already, but Journey? Is the best.

7:08 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

JP: You know my life is much more intense than anyone else's in the entire world -- just be glad I fit you in at all! Hee, hee... Just kidding -- you know I love you!!!

JN: Need I even mention... SURVIVOR!? "Eye of the Tiger", baby!!! Rock on!!! ;)

2:05 PM  
Blogger ~grey said...

LOL
Love your choice in music!

Air Supply... my favourite!
Survivor.. WoooHoo
Journey.... Excellent!

I agree... the cheesier the better!
and the louder to get!

I just heard.... Adam Ant, Goodie 2 Shoes... OMG! what a good one to sing and dance too.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home