Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hot Summer in the City...

While you can see that the Heat Index here is a whopping 104°F right now, I would venture to guess that the humidity, though it says 41%, is really somewhere in the vicinity of, oh, let's say 275%. Give or take a little, of course.

Ahhhh, Mississippi summers. It's the kind of hot that makes even your boobs sweat and any breeze you are lucky enough to get feels like God's blow dryer on high pointed right at you. When the heatwave hit the Northeast last week, it was almost laughable to us down South at first because it is pretty much the norm around here. Temps in the 90's!? Oh my God!!! But then I had to remember that it is all about what you are accustomed to, and I would no doubt be much more affected by the winter cold up there than locals would be. If it so much as ices here, the whole city just about shuts down, cars run off the roads into ditches, school gets canceled, complete & utter chaos ensues!!! Heaven forbid it actually snows any appreciable amount because we'd all but lose our minds!!! (In fact, when I was in 3rd grade, it did snow a good bit in April and you know what? We got an entire day of recess to play in it because it was such an abnormal occurrence!)

At least I can say that, while we are nearly melting away here, we are somewhat used to it. I just wish the statement "sweating my ass off" applied literally and it could be a wonderful all-natural diet tool.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

OMG!!
feels like 104F YIKES
I don't even want to know what that feels like!

I had a good giggle at your comment... "God's blow dryer"

Hope it cools down soon for you!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home