Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"WKRP (and us) in Cincinnaaaaaaaati..."

Jon & I went to Cincinnati last weekend and had a fantabulous time... Went to the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens, ate arguably one of the best meals I have ever ingested at Morton's Steakhouse (blue-cheese stuffed olives in my dirty martini won BIG points!), got drunk at the Bengals-Panthers game, and just had a darn-tootin' good time!!! Even stayed next to the building used in the opening credits of "WKRP in Cincinnati" -- a fact which was not lost on Jon...We really did enjoy the city itself -- so clean and easy to get around, and the fall foliage colors there are really so lovely there! We had such a dry summer here in Mississippi that we haven't gotten to enjoy the changing autumn colors as much -- the leaves just fall right off after turning... plus, in Cincy, we had the best weather for each day that we had planned... very lucky! Warm & sunny for the zoo, chilly & breezy for the game (good football weather!), and turning colder just as we were heading home...Even after a really good vacation, it's always [somewhat] nice to get back home... and I can show you one little girl who was quite happy when we walked in the door Monday night (okay, I admit it, I was probably just as excited to see her, too!):

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

So are the Bengals gonna win this weekend or what?

11:32 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Ask me yesterday and the answer is YES.

Ask me today, with the handy 20/20 hindsight, and I'll tell you NO.

The really sad part? The Saints lost! We knew it was too good to be true!!! ;)

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home