Monday, April 09, 2007

Mother Nature, You Fickle Bitch...

Last week? Warm & sunny. Last weekEND? Well below freezing. And now, in a mere week's time, it is going to be nearly 90°F here in Mississippi!!! Southerners are a pretty hardy people and all, but this is getting a bit ridiculous... I mean, more than 70-degree swings within a 5-day span? Come on... most importantly, how do you follow the proper dressing etiquette when the weather does not match the season? Constant risk of a MAJOR fashion faux pas, especially now that Easter has come and gone. For the love of Susan Powter, Stop The Insanity!!!

Speaking of Easter (and of cold, for that matter)........ Jon & I went down to the coast with my parents for this past weekend and let me tell you, it was colder than a witch's titty on Saturday! The only thing that made it tolerable? The yummy Bloody Mary that my mom had waiting on me when I got up at 9 a.m. :
Since you cannot tell just from the picture, that would be me with ZERO makeup, bundled up in my flannel pj's, t-shirt, sweatshirt, the thickest bathrobe I have ever encountered in my life, two blankets, and one pillow. Like I said, it was COLD. However, far be it from us to let the weather ruin an otherwise perfectly good weekend!!!What it all boils down to is, I could have been cold at the beach, or I could have been cold at home... and given that choice, I'd take the beach any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Resister said...

LOL....Witch's titty, eh? In a brass bra?

Don't you just love 'global warming'?

I love your shots of the houses on the bay. Fine bit of photography.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home