Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday, Bubbly Sunday...

Today was a good day to just relax, do nothing, and "decompose" (any 'Seinfeld' fans out there? Anyone?), which is exactly what I did. The first thing I did when I got up this morning was to take a nice, long jacuzzi bubble bath -- and realized that I don't use that jacuzzi tub nearly often enough! I'd forgotten how relaxing it is... As an added bonus, I have a flat-screen tv on the wall facing the tub, so it's perfect... Between the tv, the bubbles that tried to rise up and overtake the entire bathroom once the jets got started, and my beloved Star magazine, I was in heaven... :)

I've also found a little time to find some places to put a smidgen of all of my SHIT that has accumulated over the past few years, and which followed me when I moved from one house to the other! And I think that just maybe, some new old shit tagged along with it. I have an entire bedroom that is the result of the "just-set-it-down-there-and-I'll-unpack-it-later" rhetoric (and now it's spilling over into half of the 3rd bedroom -- pitiful)... My poor garage looks like the equivalent of a Salvation Army drop-off depot. I would take a digital picture, post it, and prove my point, but every happy homemaker has her dignity, and even I have better things to do...

But back to the whole packrat syndrome... I'm [slowly] doing better, throwing more things away, sorting through and packing up old clothes, trying to resist buying crap I do not need nor will I use, basically just trying to get my stuff back into my ship-shape organized mess... just the way I like it!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

While you were relaxing in your over-the-top bubble bath, I was cleaning up winter squash off the walls in my kitchen. Winter squash flung from the high chair with such vengeance that it even got inside the broom closet (with the door closed). Enjoy your kidlessness.

7:03 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

No squash, but I did pick up a nice-sized dog turd my sweet little dog left me... trade?

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home