Friday, October 07, 2005

100 Things About Me.

I can't believe I'm about to partake in such a fad, but if it was good enough for Kimp., then it's good enough for me... However, as always, hers is much funnier than mine, so if you're looking for better entertainment, I suggest you go there. If you choose to stay, I know you're on *pins & needles*, so here goes:

  1. My favorite color is PURPLE. I'm not just partial to it, I really love it. Plus, let's face it, it IS the color of *royalty*...
  2. I love reading books and watching documentaries on serial killers, true crime, and drug addiction.
  3. I am extremely hard to offend. The difficulty in pissing me off? Not hard at all. But to offend me, to REALLY offend me, now that's a daunting task! I've been blessed w/ the vocabulary of a raunchy male chauvinist & I throw around some of the ugliest & most offensive words in the English language w/ reckless abandon... Hell, if I knew those words in other languages, I'd use them, too...
  4. Some people collect stamps, I collect quotes. I have books and books of them...
  5. I can still recite the "Lee Press-On Nails" commercial dialogue and the full list of linking verbs by heart. Time from my childhood that I will never get back...
  6. I love to drink. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
  7. The number 7 is my favorite number.
  8. I'm a Republican. *GASP*!
  9. While I do not believe in astrology or take my horoscope seriously, I take great pleasure in reading mine all the time for the entertainment of it...
  10. On that note, I'm an Aquarius.
  11. I love to paint.
  12. Unlike Tom Cruise, I think anti-depressants -- when prescribed and used as necessary -- are a wonderful thing. That being said, I think they are totally over-prescribed. Just don't take mine away!
  13. My avatar/display image on Yahoo! Instant Messenger is always either a dog or a cat wearing a tiara. (see current one @ right)
  14. I live for reading my entertainment magazines and unabashedly have subscriptions to all of the following: US Weekly, In Touch, Star, and People...
  15. One of my favorite veggies is the RADISH. I used to get them in my lunch box at school. Yeah, I was a weird kid... Oh wait --
  16. I was a weird kid.
  17. I have a total aversion to bellybuttons. I nearly hyperventilate if/when anyone goes near mine...
  18. I love, love, love animals.
  19. I believe in God and am a Christian.
  20. I think my mom is the most entertaining person in the world and I love her to bits. That being said, we often fight like cats & dogs. Anyone reading this who knows my mother can understand both of those statements perfectly.
  21. I think my dad is the kindest, most generous person in the world and he will be a hard man for anyone to ever live up to in my eyes. But people often mistake his silence for aloofness or uppity-ness (is that a word?) when in actuality, he's the nicest one in our family by far. Again, anyone reading this who knows my family understands this.
  22. According to http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/, my name (Kelly) was the 10th most popular girl's name when I was born in 1977.
  23. I am a packrat. I never throw things away. This is a problem.
  24. I abhor new country music.
  25. I adore old country music.
  26. I am a sentimentalist, to the extreme.
  27. I have travelled a good bit, but have only been to 3 of the 7 continents at least once: Asia, Europe, and North America.
  28. I am an exceptional speller. I won the 3rd grade spelling bee. Go ahead and say it -- you're impressed.
  29. I keep my house WAAAAY colder than it ever needs to be.
  30. I suffer from arachnophobia (but strangely, do not kill any big spiders that spin webs on my porch b/c my dad taught me not to).
  31. I think spider webs are small works of art.
  32. My dad used to take me "frog-hunting" on our lake when I was little. We'd catch big ol' bullfrogs, but then let them go...
  33. My cousins and I used to "tarantula-hunting" in Texas (basically the equivalent to fucking with one of the little beasts until it gets mad and rears up on its hind legs in strike-mode -- real smart).
  34. I am an only child.
  35. I have no trouble spending time alone.
  36. I think O.J. was guilty, but I can somewhat see his point.
  37. I think Michael Jackson was guilty, but I cannot see his point at all.
  38. I love crossword puzzles, if they aren't too easy.
  39. I often get along better with guys than girls. The drama-factor is lower.
  40. I have bungee-jumped.
  41. I have never broken a bone (mine or anyone else's, though I did step on my grandmother's broken finger when I was little).
  42. I have a thing (read: compulsion) about handwriting. Consequently, my writing is very neat.
  43. I have GREEN eyes.
  44. I have an OLIVE complexion.
  45. I have DARK BROWN hair.
  46. I open my eyes under water while swimming.
  47. I was once engaged but called it off.
  48. I am currently in love... :-)
  49. I am extremely loyal, in love and friendship.
  50. I hold grudges and do not forgive easily.
  51. I love Alice in Chains and am heartbroken that Layne Staley died.
  52. I love Led Zeppelin even more.
  53. A child whining or wailing scrapes on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.
  54. I would literally CRY if I ever found out (when the time comes) I was pregnant w/ twins...
  55. My favorite word is "onomatopoeia".
  56. I love football.
  57. I have a cat and a dog, and I love them like children. You hurt them, I hurt you.
  58. I cannot sing well.
  59. I sing in the car anyway.
  60. I am addicted to online shopping.
  61. I am addicted to Diet Coke.
  62. I use the term "addiction" lightly despite having dated an addict.
  63. I really, really like cinnamon.
  64. I shave my legs every day. Not because I have to, but because it's a habit.
  65. I have thick hair on my head, yet my arms and legs are nearly bald.
  66. I love "Family Guy".
  67. I have no tattoos.
  68. I loooooooooooove laying in bed and watching t.v. to relax... (if you met my bed, you'd understand)
  69. Get your mind out of the gutter.
  70. I have never been arrested (knock on wood) though I have deserved to be.
  71. I drive faster than I should.
  72. I'm a damn good driver.
  73. I love the smell of a smoldering FIRE.
  74. I think Matthew McConaughey is one beautiful specimen.
  75. I also think Topher Grace is quite lovely.
  76. I love trivia games.
  77. I consider myself to be smart AND a smart ass.
  78. I think you can be smart and also be a dumb ass.
  79. I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Millsaps College.
  80. I have been bitten by a snake.
  81. I can drink orange juice by the gallon (and don't mind it mixed with champagne either!)...
  82. I tend to have a dark sense of humor.
  83. I used to be a [cigarette] smoker but quit.
  84. I looooooooooooooooooove my iPod and could play with it for hours on end.
  85. I can be a total Drama Queen.
  86. My favorite book is "A Confederacy of Dunces".
  87. I love watching otters play.
  88. I like wine, beer, AND liquor and drink all 3. Though usually not simultaneously.
  89. My dog sometimes resembles an Ewok.
  90. The first time I got drunk was when I was 3 years old. Obviously, it was an accident.
  91. I absolutely love the Yahoo! game Literati...
  92. I am amazed that I have gotten this far in [almost] one sitting without getting too bored to finish.
  93. I would rather be COLD than HOT.
  94. I think one of the most attractive parts of a man can be his forearms.
  95. I usually prefer green eyes.
  96. CHRISTMAS is my favorite holiday and I do not like to break from family traditions!!!
  97. I've been called "high maintenance" by guys I dated (but curiously, they always stuck around)...
  98. I think Madonna is a whore, no matter how self-righteous or pious she might try to act. Let's face it: there's still a coffee table book of her having sex that her children will one day have to know about... I would be mortified if the whole world had access to visuals of my mother's nu-nu...
  99. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I'm entitled to disagree with them.
  100. I am literally shocked if anyone read this far. Pat yourself on the back, whoever you are.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

I read it all and it was so good it didn't even feel like 100. If I'm going to make it that far I need to weed out all of my asides.

But I just have one question:

WITH WHOM ARE YOU IN LOVE?

6:59 AM  
Blogger *the queen* said...

Don't take out your asides -- I love them!!! And about the whole book-writing thing, I totally agree that you should... You never fail to entertain the hell out of me!!! xoxo

3:56 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Came across your blog using the random blog button the blogspot.com. Very cool. I like your 100. Your prove once again that Southern Girls ROCK!!! Why any man would ever dream of even spending time with women who were born North of Virginia or West of Texas is beyond me.

P.S. My Mom and Dad rock too!!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home