Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Talladega and back, in one piece...

On Sunday, 4 of us -- Dad, Patrick, Jon & me -- made the trip to Talladega (5, if you count the fact that we dropped my mom off @ the Galleria in B'ham for the day along the way)... I love going, not so much for the racing, but for the sights! Oh, the sights!!! Before we even made it to the track, I saw this ingenious contraption. This is what you would call "thinking ahead" (must have been a Boy Scout):
Port-a-Potty in Pick-up Bed

That was right before we were nearly mowed down by the woman in the American flag string bikini riding a motorized cooler. I kid you not. Surprisingly, the men I was with wanted me to pull out the camera for that one, but I, in all of my good taste, refused.

After staying out WAAAAAAY later than intended the night before and drinking much more than the "just one drink" we had planned to drink, we proceeded to continue this alcoholic binge on race day with an obscene amount of Jack Daniels, Crown Royal, and just about any type of overpriced brand of "tall boy" beers we could get our grubby little paws on. It was lovely!

Too bad we had to get back to sober life and actually go back to work yesterday. Hmph. I sure do miss the days of college and total irresponsibility...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

Where can I get a cooler like that? I am SO in the market for that.

We went to a car race here in Nashvegas one time in 2001 when we first lived here and lord have mercy ... you do have to drink.

I'm jealous: it sounded super fun!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home