Monday, September 26, 2005

Football, football, & yet more football.

Molly & Kelly -- State/Georgia game -- Sept. 24, 2005Saturday afternoon, I went to the Mississippi State-Georgia game in Starkville and watched State get their asses handed to them on a platter (actually, I guess it wasn't all that bad of a beating, given the fact that Georgia was ranked #7). It was humid, windy, WET, and yet still fun (the bourbon & Cokes no doubt helped with that!)... At left is a picture of Molly & me, after she met up with us just before the game -- note the glossy, half-drunk eyes on my part -- niiiiiiice.... Molly had to remind me to stand up straight for the photo op, not lean my head in or squat down, which I have a bad tendency to do for pictures. Maybe because a good many of my friends are SHORT!!!?? She gets sick of every picture looking my head is growing out of her, I guess. Imagine that. And obviously, we look a little "tousled" due to the WIND and HUMIDITY, so give us a break, ok?

Of course, when they announced the scores of other games over the loudspeaker, cheers abounded as the news of Ole Miss' loss to Wyoming came across. Oh, and I had a lot of fun watching a big ol' drunk guy making a total ass out of himself -- that's always special. But even sweeter for me was the beating the New York Giants took last night at the hands of the San Diego Chargers. (Let me just say here, LaDainian Tomlinson is bad-ass...) Why, you might ask, would I not support a team that has a Mississippi boy, Eli Manning, as its quarterback and star? Because of the way he acted during the NFL Draft last year -- a grown man getting on television WITH HIS DAD to plead his case for not wanting to go to the Chargers. Taken from ESPN.com: "Fans brought signs such as 'Hey Eli, Nobody Likes You,' 'Drew's Your Daddy,' and 'Daddy's Little Girl,' a shot at Manning and his father, Archie." I just know I was embarrassed (although I don't know why, I didn't go to Ole Miss -- I almost did, but narrowly escaped -- hee, hee!). Given, I understood his reasoning, but I disagreed with his handling of it. Therefore, I wanted the Chargers to whip the ever-living shit out of the Giants. And they did. Ahhh, the sweet smell of defeat... Oh, happy day...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimpossible said...

Y'all are still such hotties ... even with glazed-over eyes and humidity hair.

5:01 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Well, thank you, dah-ling... Seems lately, that "look" is the norm rather than the exception!!!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home