Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thanksgiving, Schmanksgiving... I'll take Christmas!!!

My boyfriend has been making just a wee bit of fun of me for my really, Really REALLY premature Christmas spirit (i.e. -- "the stockings are hung by the chimney with care," but not in the hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there, but rather b/c they are new, sequined and really cute, & when I put them up -- "just to see what they looked like," I just didn't have the heart to take them back down.)

And then, this conversation takes place betweenst the two of us:

Me: "Well, I see your neighbors have some holiday stuff up... and ooooooh, look, even their Santa Claus and reindeer!!!"
Him: "Yeah, I think they've had that up since right after Katrina."
Me: "Oh." (as we hear the sound of what I thought was my vindication hitting the ground with a proverbial "thud")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home