Thursday, March 30, 2006

F*cked Up. In More Ways Than One...

I went out for drinks with our "Wednesday night group" last night & then headed home. Well, upon arrival at my house, I stopped at the bottom of the driveway so I could get out & check my mail, only to look up & see someone sitting on my porch. In the dark. Just sitting. Weird, huh? Oh, just wait... I called out to him at least 3 or 4 times to see who he was & what the fuck he was doing at my house, on my porch, on a random Wednesday night. After he stumbles (literally) over to the door of my house & tries to go in, he then stumbles across my yard & walks over to my car to talk to me -- or rather, SLUR to me -- that his friends had dropped him off there & he'd drank a lot of beer (it was quite obvious beer was not ALL he had ingested)... & he was only 17 years old. Good Lord. I found out he lived not too far away so I decided, against my better judgment, to give him a ride home [he even offered to pay me for said ride, but his departure from my front steps was payment enough]. I mean, he wasn't going anywhere & I couldn't exactly tell him to go sit on my neighbor's porch instead, you know? Plus, "reason" wasn't exactly his strong suit at this point. At least this way, he'd be gone.

Anyway... so on the way there, I finally got him to tell me what he was really on (besides the beer) -- 8 bars of Xanax. E-I-G-H-T!!! How can that be fun? Or even survivable? That was revealed to me somewhere in between the 5 or 6 times he asked me about my 2 kids in the back seat (I have no kids, nor were there any hiding in my car), how old I was, & if I was married. Oh, and lithium. Nice... I called Jon right when I left to take this kid home, told him where I was going & that I would call him immediately when he got out of the car, at which point he kindly fussed at me for doing something so stupid -- as he should have. I may have done a foolish thing, but I was at least going to have someone know where & what foolish thing I was doing!!!

Once I got back home, I turned on the TV in my bedroom, only to have it change to "Video 2" by itself, which is the equivalent of changing the auxiliary to the DVD player or other device. This happened over & over, even though I had the remote in MY hand, & usually it was when I would walk back into the room or at critical times during a movie I was watching ("Wonderland" -- love it), almost like someone was outside my window changing it just to harass me. [Because what could be more fun than hiding in the bushes, changing someone's TV channels, right?] And then my dog, Winston, kept leaping off the bed & running into the other room like he was hearing strange noises. I know, I know... I was just paranoid at this point, but oddly enough, the TV worked just fine this morning. Go figure.

5 Comments:

Blogger umrebel said...

the reason that your tv kept changing and your dog was hearing things is because you forgot to get your kinds from the backseat and they were screaming and screwing with your tv because they wanted to go in. Oh and the guy was just me, i did a little time travelling last night and you were actually talking to me at the age of 17

PS your word verification asked me to spell "sbjob"

2:15 PM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

Please don't ever do that again!!! PS My word association was z fankhy...

4:01 PM  
Blogger 0000 said...

damn hun, that was dangerous... plus if my tv was changing id probably got over paranoid; you know how the mind can run riot, it becomes a bad horror movie... LOL i love the blog by the way, your honesty is refreshing. X ruby X

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

Are you insane? What is wrong with you? Did you tell your mother? I hope not. Enough.

I still read ... I just don't comment. Until you do something ridiculous and post it here and then I have to.

Girl.

10:36 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

I know... I'm an idiot. And probably an even bigger one for posting my stupidity here for all to see!!! Oh well... I made it, lesson learned. I PROMISE!!!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home