Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Thoughts -- Good, Bad & Ugly...

Ever since I was little, I have heard about this man who raped & murdered at least 2 local teenage girls -- and now he is coming up for parole! Little did I know that Larry Fisher was actually serving time for ANOTHER incident which happened while he was out on parole for a rape, kidnapping & forcible robbery conviction in Georgia, & not for the murders of Melinda Weathers & Carol Formby in 1983 (although our local jury sentenced him to death in the gas chamber, the trial was moved to another county & the Mississippi Supreme Court overturned it). He was convicted of rape in a different case & given life with the possibility of parole. And now that possibility is upon us again.

“It is one of the crowning glories of our law that no matter how guilty one may be, no matter how atrocious his crime, nor how certain his doom, when brought to trial anywhere he shall, nevertheless, have the same fair and impartial trial accorded the most innocent defendant,” said Justice James L. Robertson, who wrote the majority opinion.
It's a "crowning glory" to have a dished out a sentence that ultimately ends with the possibility of the murderer & rapist going free? Because the evidence was so extensive, basically, and the news covered it as such, this was the reasoning used by the judge as to why Larry Fisher was not convicted of capital murder ("...the Supreme Court indicated it felt he was guilty of the crime, but he felt he was not given a fair trial in Lauderdale County...."). BECAUSE THE MEDIA REPORTED THE FUCKING NEWS. You know, it's situations like this that make me question the actual "justice" of our judicial system at times -- and whether or not we have created such a complicated web of laws in order to protect the innocent that they often become our downfall & the wrong people benefit from loopholes & "escape clauses"... the guilty people, the monsters, the people who should be locked up. It can be disheartening...

PLEASE take the time to read the articles that I linked to above -- it's scary how someone can literally get away with murder.



Have you ever had someone who just WOULD NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP & it just drives you batty? Good Lord... I know it must be PMS, but idle chit-chat @ work is going to be the death of me today. Note: I do not need to know every action you are about to perform and/or just finished nor do I want to listen to random stories about people I don't know. I cannot finish one single task without being interrupted with some bullshit that I don't care to hear or talk about. Thank heavens she's going to lunch & I get a break. Why am I such a bitch?

Just as I was a/b to complain about all of this via Instant Messenger w/ a co-worker, someone sent me that old joke about how you know you're living in the digital age, listing one of the signs as "You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you." It was at that point that I stopped, looked at her, and realized it was just the two of us in the office at that moment & I could just say it out loud rather than taking the time to type it. I'm a victim! Silly me...



And finally....

5 Comments:

Blogger JonPDalewood said...

can we say: "pissy today" my dear?

2:36 PM  
Blogger umrebel said...

Thanks for the props yo, as for your random factoids the seven-up one is false, see this www.snopes.com/business/names/7up.asp

sorry to burst your bubble

2:44 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

JPD: We can't say "pissy", but we can probably SCREAM it through gritted teeth!!!

umrebel: No bubble burst -- I thought that one might be too darn random to be true. I just count on you to disprove it for me. ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Removals St Helens
Removals St Helens

12:15 PM  
Blogger recruitinghub said...

recruiters in pakistan for saudia

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home