Monday, March 20, 2006

Bum Wines, Tom Cruise, Racing Against the Weather, etc...

First of all, THIS is just deplorable. I have no other words. DEPLORABLE!!!
My sweet boyfriend sent this to me -- http://www.bumwine.com/ -- and upon opening it, I was taken back 15 years to MY own run-in with "Cisco" (the grape flavor) and it made me shudder -- literally. Click on it, and I assure you, if you haven't tried it, they are NOT lying about what it does to you. "Known as 'liquid crack', for its reputation for wreaking more mental havoc than the cheapest tequila... Often, people on a Cisco binge end up curled into a fetal ball, shuddering and muttering paranoid rants." Not to go into details, but suffice to say that I tried to get my friends to leave me on the side of the road in the McDonald's drive-thru -- it just seemed right at the time and I felt like ASS. Terrible, awful, putrid, vomiting ass. Ahhh, high school... good times, good times...

[Jon said his "poisons" were the MD 20/20 & Night Train... I'm really not sure what that says about the 2 of us!!!???]
I think this past weekend was something like the 7th out the last 8 weekends that it has rained here. It's raining so fat & ugly right now that it's only 1:30 p.m., yet it looks like it's nighttime outside... The kind of rain that makes you want to curl up in a fluffy, warm bed and just sleep your troubles away, you know? But alas, I am here 'neath the fluorescence of the office, toiling the hours away (and playing on my blog). And since I obviously have nothing better to do, here is another picture from this weekend:
Tom Cruise just plain sucks -- I can think of no better way to say it. Case in point (just one among many, mind you): He has somehow finagled Comedy Central to NOT air the South Park "Trapped in the Closet" episode. I'm sorry, but that was one of the funniest episodes to date!!! He & Isaac Hayes (a.k.a. "Chef") can suck it. And so can Scientology while we're at it. I ain't scared -- what, is the ghost of L. Ron Hubbard going to beam me up in his spaceship and beat me senseless until I adopt "Dyanetics" as my life plan and then give him money so I can be a part of his "clan"? Whatever. You just try to tell me I can't make noise or have drugs or bond with the kid when I have a baby and I'll kick you as hard as I can right square in the balls... Hard enough that it won't be an issue in the future.
Hilarious... In other news, our local TV station that was airing the NASCAR race (which was rained out yesterday) just made a bad, bad, bad mistake -- they cut away with only 10 laps left in the race to show the local weather-- given, the weather is pretty bad, but you have some serious race fans 'round here who were no doubt PISSED OFF!!! I just feel sorry for the poor receptionist @ the TV station -- no doubt she was cussed up & down like a dog. [they did actually come to their senses and cut back to it in the middle of the last lap...]
I just couldn't resist posting a picture sent to me by a friend from a kayak trip (I would love to be able take credit for this one, but alas, it is not my work) -- it was just too pretty and serene not to share... And the clear skies, oh, the clear skies!!! It's been so long since I have seen you!!! Where, oh where have you been hiding???
*Check out this website:
http://www.mississippibelieveit.com/
See? Contrary to popular belief, we aren't ALL barefoot and pregnant with our cousin's baby here in Mississippi...

4 Comments:

Blogger umrebel said...

Ok, there is no way Pollard is going to take credit for bumwine, i totally found the site and sent it to him. As far as Tom Cruise goes you can see the episode on www.comedycentral.com

8:08 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

I had to give him credit -- you should have sent it to me yourself (wink, wink)... So, third-hand props to you.

As far as Tom Cruise goes, that episode still rocks and TC still sucks, I don't care what anyone says. Can't argue with that...

9:11 AM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

Ahh, "Mad Dog quenty-quenty" - the days of 15 again! sniff-sniff sure miss 'em! NOT!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of that bumwine.... I must be in the wrong part of the world again. I could sure use it now!!
as for TC... DITTO

and sorry to hear you still have rain. I Have fog and snow! no sun... no heat.... just ice. which is what i have running through my veins right now. ice!

nice kayaking pic... i think i might go do that again.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home