Friday, April 21, 2006

"Pra-ha!" (you know, like "a-ha!", but w/ "pr")

Well, the hours are ticking away until I leave for a week of vacation -- and man, has it been awhile!!! I was more accustomed to making trips out of the country at least once a year, and it has been waaaaaay too long since I did that. So, Prague will be a welcome break!!! It's been almost 8 years since I first went with a bunch of college friends and I have been looking forward to going back ever since [I don't think I can ever beat the Millsaps "Kill-Your-Liver-Tour" of '98 -- a trip made w/ great friends under the guise of "education" -- we actually got college credit to pretty much drink for 6 weeks]!!! Beautiful, beautiful city. Amazing architecture. Good beer! ;)

I joked about bringing the Bird Flu back with me, and someone at work has now suggested that I be quarantined for awhile when I get home. Hey, that could work for me. Would that mean I would get to stay home & do nothing, or would that mean that I would be thrown in with all the quarantined animals & stuff? Either way, I think I'd be happy...

The drawback is that Jon is not going with me -- I wish he was, but I'm just s.o.l. on that one... Then again, he might be welcoming the break from me!!!! Even if he is, he's being so sweet about it and is acting excited for me nonetheless. Then again, he is getting to go to another crawfish boil tomorrow w/ a bunch of friends after he takes me to the aeropuerto, so he won't be suffering too terribly much!!!

I got to work terribly late today -- that whole not-sleeping-at-night thing finally caught up with me, I guess. Luckily, I had busted my arse earlier in the week to get all/most of my stuff done b/f going out of town, so it didn't hurt me too much... And if you're gonna be late, might as well do it right, huh?

On another note, someone at work gave me a ginger plant to transplant at home (well, it was more like just a LOG when I got it) and it's now starting to grow. I doubt it will bloom this year, but at least it's thriving and not withering away like so many of my horticultural projects do!!!

The picture to the left was a result of, well, boredom. It's looking at the sun set over my fence in the backyard (perhaps a few minutes too late) and I just really liked it. Has anyone noticed that I seem to enjoy taking random-ass pictures? No? Yeah, right... My digital camera changed my life, I swear. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but I sure do have fun with it. I mean, I was a picture junkie before, too, but the fact that I can now delete any pics that I do not like? Well, that just floats my boat. My life can almost be tracked by a chronology of photographs...

Well, enough for now... I'll post again when I can (if I can hold off until I leave, which I doubt -- ha!)... until then, have a great weekend, everyone!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger JonPDalewood said...

Be careful and have fun! Tell Matthew & Will hi. Stay in touch...and I Love You!

3:44 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

I love you, too, dah-ling... Have a fantabulous week!!!! {smooch!}

11:55 PM  
Blogger ~grey said...

have a good trip girl.

enjoy your friends...

later
D

8:53 AM  
Blogger umrebel said...

bring back absinthe

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home