Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops!" ~Cary Grant

When I was younger, I had my very own miniature horse (in addition to all of the horses my grandparents had, they bought one just for me) -- & oh, how I loved her!!! "Trip" was bitchy & spoiled & sensitive & hardheaded, pretty much just like me. Literally, it was almost uncanny... Anyway, she was a tri-colored pinto, yet she had a baby girl one year who was solid bay & who we named Jezebel. When Jez was just 2 mos. old (babies are weaned from their mothers @ 3 mos.), Trip got sick & we rushed the 2 of them to Mississippi State University's veterinary school. A few days later, while they were examining her, & Jezebel was by standing by her side, my horse dropped dead. Turns out she had uterine cancer so advanced that they were baffled as to how she managed to carry a baby to term in the first place... which left my little Jezebel an orphan, & you can bet your ass she hasn't let us forget it!!! She is one of the most beautiful mares (especially for one who has had several babies over the years & become a bit plump!) yet one of the bitchiest. Like mother, like daughter, I guess...

So the other day Jez gave birth to an adorable little baby boy who looks JUST like his grandmother -- my horse who passed away!!! I could hardly believe my eyes as the tri-color isn't exactly common... But that's him in the picture above. That annoyed look -- it runs in the family!!! I love it!!! [I found a picture of Jez w/ her mother the other day -- I'll try to remember to scan it in -- it's really cute!]

Anyway... last night while I was taking pictures of the horses, a family gathering sort of popped up out of nowhere. One minute I'm alone, the next I'm w/ my aunt & grandmother & look to see my parents heading over to the barn, too -- my dad carrying his requisite bourbon & coke (priorities, priorities) & my mom with her bird, Tallulah (see right)... It was such a pretty evening, it was hard to pack it in & go back inside (see picture of the moon below)... but the damn mosquitoes made it a bit easier!!!

ION... D12's Proof was shot & killed early this a.m. He served as best man in Eminem's wedding just a couple months back (yeah, the one that is dissintegrating -- again) and played a murder victim in one of Em's videos. If that's not foreshadowing, well, then I don't know what is...

Gas prices are set to go even higher this summer!!!??? I'm thinking about just moving in at work to eliminate that pesky "driving to & from work" aspect of a job (plus, that would mean a few extra minutes of sleep, right?). At this rate, I can't afford to be employed!!! Okay, so that's a lie, but still...

MUNICH (Reuters) - A supermarket worker's discovery of 20 kilograms (44 lb) of cocaine hidden in a case of fruit had German police going bananas. Surprise!!!

Queen Trivia (no, not me... that other queen, QE2): she's given out 78,000 Christmas puddings over the years & I never got a single one (even though I have no idea what a "Christmas pudding" is -- it sounds British & gross), her real birthday is in April but they celebrate it in June (oh, okay, b/c that makes no sense at all?), she first travelled on the London Underground in 1939 with the {gasp!} commoners, etc.

Okay, gotta run... the phone is ringing my ear off & making my blood pressure sky-rocket... grrr...

3 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

Love all the pictures Queen!
The moon shot is gorgeous...

Mosquitoes already!!! WoW those I can live without!

9:06 PM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

Sweet Tallulah! Oh how I miss thee...

3:04 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

JP... I feel quite sure she misses you as well. Without her "boyfriend" around, what's a girl to do!?

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home