Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!" = "Let the good times roll!" [for those of you not from around these parts, or don't speak-a zee Cajun French]

Happy FAT TUESDAY to all of you out there!!! I even color-coordinated my outfit today (sad, huh? I prefer to think of it as "festive") -- green shirt, yellow necklace, and purple purse... Tacky, tacky, tacky, and I LOVE it!!!! And then of course, everyone in my office is now loaded down on Mardi Gras beads. You can imagine the jokes I'm getting from all of our male co-workers... But don't worry, we aren't earning them here at the office!!!

Krewe of Barkus 2005Since I was unable to attend any New Orleans Mardi Gras festivities this year (thanks Katrina, you whore), I'm having to pull out some pictures from last year. Actually, they're quite tame (though I was pretty DrUnK anyway), but it was fun nonetheless... We were down there before things really got rolling and caught the Krewe of Barkus parade last year (see picture above), where the theme was "Harry Pawter & the Sorcerer's Bone". I also ran into my friend Ashley randomly at that event, which was a nice surprise (see left). Of all the New Orleans street corners, she had to pick mine! Or maybe it was the other way around.. ;)

Yesterday, several of us from work went to a "motivational seminar" in Birmingham featuring (among others) Zig Ziglar and the ever-lovable Rudy Giuliani (pictured below, a view from the "cheap seats" -- i.e. "the ones near the bathroom"), both of whom were amazing speakers... I could have done without some of the "audience participation" and singing bits (I'm just not one of those people), but damnit, I'm fucking motivated today!!!! Or something like that. Hee, hee...
Rudolph Giuliani Introduction -- February 27, 2006
Later taters...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Queen....

I saw on the evening news the partying that was going on in New Orleans. Glad to see everyone is slowly recovering from Mother Nature.

Hope you had a fun time.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I'm not motivated much at all. Could you come and speak to me?

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home