Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oh, the horror!!! The HORROR!!!!!

It has happened. I knew it was coming and it did. I was called "ma'am". I used to be the one calling everyone else "ma'am", dammit!!! A girl who works for us (albeit, younger than me) said something to me as she was leaving & several moments later it hit me like a ton of bricks. I turned to my co-workers and said, "Did she just say, 'Yes, ma'am' to me?" and one of them laughed [a bit spitefully, I might add] and said, "Yes, she most certainly did. Welcome to my world."

I'm only 29, for heaven's sake!!! {I just took the "Real Age Test" and I'm actually 32.15 years old --- maybe I'm a "ma'am" after all -- YIKES!!!} But then again, I guess a lot of girls my age are married with kids and all that good stuff. Then I think back to how different I was just 5 or 6 years ago and it's almost scary!!! So much changes, but I guess that's life. You just have to find the one you're willing to change along with (and who will put up with all of your "quirks") and not everyone has the same schedule.

Still... the "ma'am" reference pained me, it really did. But hey, at least she has good Southern manners!!! And that means a lot to an old bitch like me. ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is soooooo cool...

I am 25 and my real age is...
*GASP* 20.1

i had a giggle at the "ma'am" comment... thank goodness we don't use it.

your only as old as you feel.

7:33 PM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

Well...I hope you've found yours - I've found mine ;)

9:45 AM  
Blogger umrebel said...

I am 27.1 not bad considering.....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

I was 22.35 but I lied a lot. Who knows their cholesterol and all that other shit. I went to the urologist today, I refuse to watch TV, and I go to bed at 9 p.m. every night. How in holy hell am I 22.35. That's a bunch of BS.

p.s. Who is NEEDRA ... is that a REAL picture of her? My belly has never been that flat ... not even when I was 22.35. Wow.

p.p.s. I've been hearing "ma'am" for a while since I'm a teacher, but when random Target check-out girls started saying it then I knew I was in trouble.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just another blog person...my name really is Needra...
and yes that really is me...

ANYTHING else....

9:14 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

jonpdalewood (a.k.a. "mine"): i'm gushing & blushing... {big ol' smooch!!!!}

kimpossible: my stomach has never been that flat either...

needra: 20.1 years old!!?? you lucky thang, you!!!

xoxo -- "ma'am"

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home