Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekend Update.

We went to a cookout/dinner/get-together @ my friends' Graham & Joey's house Saturday night... Good company, good food, good drinks -- just eating, drinking & being merry!!! It was good to see people haven't seen in awhile, even though we live barely more than a hop, skip & a jump from one another. Funny how that happens, huh? Life just sort of gets in the way sometimes, I guess...
"Birthing season" has begun for my grandmother's little horses... The first babies have hit the ground, and I went over and spent some time with them on Saturday (it was such a beautiful day outside)... They are so adorable when they are newborns, and it's kind of funny because the first arrivals are always a bit fuzzier due to the cooler weather... But anyway, you can see a picture of the newest arrival, a little sorrel colt with gangly legs that he hasn't quite grown into yet [though you can't tell in the picture] -- like a baby giraffe... My grandmother jokingly suggested calling him "Daddy Long Legs", but I seriously loved the name...
I still ride around town and every once in awhile, and it occurs to me that a lot of the damage from Hurricane Katrina is still all around us, but I'm slowly becoming accustomed to it... We were 200+ miles inland and still got it pretty bad (but nothing like the Mississippi Gulf Coast)... Everyone here did an amazing job of cleaning up, though... still, it takes time to undo damages like that!!! Anyway, what I was getting at was how easy the debris and fallen trees can become just another part the daily landscape when you see it all the time... and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...
Part of my parents' backyardWell, enough of my usual rambling... Happy Oscar Night!!! Hope everyone had a fine, relaxing weekend... I just wish it wasn't over so soon!!!!!! xoxo...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just love all your pictures!

sounds like you had a perfect weekend!

Hope your week is just as good!

7:41 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Thank you, thank you, dah-ling... I am a picture-freak, so it's nice to hear that I'm at least not driving everyone crazy with them!!!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home