Sunday, April 30, 2006

It took a little more than a click of the ruby red slippers, but I'm HOME...

The picture above was my baby girl the night before I left... As if her little 10 lb. self could have held my suitcase down & kept me from leaving...

Lucky me -- I missed my connecting flight in Montreal on the way home from Prague (through no fault of my own -- many thanks go to Canadian Customs, for being so diligent & taking your sweet fucking time in getting my bags to me, and to Czech Airlines, for changing my departure time w/out warning)... so I had to spend the night there -- on the airline's tab -- & fly out at 5:30 a.m. At least they put me up in the Hilton, but still... when you're ready to be home, you're ready to be home. Long flights don't exactly make for a happy demeanor, but the unexpected delay didn't help either!!! Let's just say that by the time I stepped off of the plane in Meridian, I was so happy to see Jon standing at the gate waiting for me, it was hard not to run & jump into his arms, a la' Rachel McAdams & Ryan Gosling in "The Notebook" & at the MTV Movie Awards!!! (God, I love, Love, LOVE that clip of those two cute kids!)

Don't get me wrong, I had a fantabulous trip... Good times, good times... There were some definite déjà vu moments, as can only be expected after returning to a foreign city I'd visited in a bit of a different capacity almost 8 years ago (read: binge-drinking with college friends), but that just made it all the more special. {However, I must say, I can still drink the beer over there like it's water -- it's just that good!} Plus, having Matthew & Will to show me around (bless their hearts), I got to see a lot of stuff I would never have seen otherwise, or even known to see (not to mention how good it was to see them!). I swear, I could wander around Prague endlessly and just take in all of the gorgeous Medieval & Baroque architecture -- it is all soooo beautiful... That alone would be worth it, but throw good friends, great beer, and lovely weather into the mix, and it's gold. :)

I have a plethora of pictures, and I'm doing my best to pick just a few to post for now -- though it's hard since I was even more camera-happy than normal!!! (I know it's hard to believe, but yes, it is actually possible! Ha!) No doubt there will be random pics from the trip thrown in here and there in the posts to come. I get carried away sometimes, in case you haven't noticed...

It was nice to be able to just take things easy & treat it like a true vacation -- as in, doing whatever, whenever... My flight left just after noon on Saturday & Matthew was like, "That means you'll actually have to get up in the a.m. -- think you can handle that?" While it was tough, I did it. (though it didn't really matter since I got home a day late anyway!!!) It probably wasn't helped by the fact that we stayed out until 4:30 a.m. the night/morning before, but at least that made it easier to sleep on the plane (which kept me from having to watch "Fever Pitch" -- at least the movie on the way there was "The Chronicles of Narnia", which I did watch).
I'll post more about the trip later, but the fact remains: playtime is over and tomorrow I have to go back to work. Ho, hum. Such is life, I guess... Either way, it was good to go & now it's good to be home!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger ~grey said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a great trip....

Love the pictures!!!

10:44 PM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

It was so good to see you come off that plane and through the doors. Welcome home my queen! I've missed you terribly!

9:39 AM  
Blogger umrebel said...

welcome back (absinthe?)

11:24 AM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Thanks to all for the welcoming home... And, yes, there is a little Absinthe surprise awaiting you... ;)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home