Thursday, May 04, 2006

This Week Can Suck It.

Since I bitched so much the other day about kids not knowing where Louisiana is on a map and other such idiocies, here is a little test entitled "Can You Pass Third Grade?" Give it a go... (although I don't remember such time constraints being placed on us as 3rd graders -- on the computer, I spent 1/2 of my time clicking & dragging the states to the correct spots rather than actually thinking about it!)

I hate to bitch, but... wait, no, I don't. Seriously, I have had the WEEK FROM HELL at work!!! Chalk it up to having taken a week off & then coming back to work @ my busiest time (1st of the month) -- getting my just dues now... For every action [vacation] there is an equal & opposite reaction [work shit]. Grrrr...

In other news, how would we ever be able to survive as Americans without authentic, illegal Mexican burritos? Oh, the horror!!!! Please tell me this isn't your best argument. Whatever... (I just had an enchilada for lunch -- are those still gonna be available?)

And I'm sorry, but this is just gross. Mass-breastfeeding? I see their point once you read the story, but it still sickens me, I can't help it. I don't want to see random milk-plumped titties out in public, the same way I find it totally disgusting when very pregnant women wear clothes that show their big ol' bellies hanging out. I know some people argue that it's "beautiful" & all that shit, but to me, that's not something everyone needs or wants to see. Yeah, I could just not look, but sometimes they sneak up on you! Obviously I don't have any crumb-snatchers of my own... but even if I did, nobody is gonna be seeing my boob in public. Sorry to all of you out there who were waiting on pins & needles for that sighting, but I vow that I will NEVER be that mother who whips a mammary out @ the table in a public restaurant while others are trying to eat. Don't laugh, I've seen it happen & it really kills the appetite. (Maybe all of these mothers should get w/ the immigrants & start feeding their babies some of those illegal burritos instead.)

Just over 2 hours until drinking time begins -- counting down... ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger umrebel said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Drinking Time and mass boobies......ahhhhhhhhh

3:33 PM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

I agree w/umrebel

4:53 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Somehow, that does not surprise me one little iota!!! Booze & Boobs -- the 2 B's, right?

5:10 PM  
Blogger ~grey said...

cool quiz.... I failed.

But then... I have a good excuse! LOL Plus I had a hard time dragging and dropping.

Hope your Friday goes better....

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kimpossible said...

You will be horrified to know that I am one of those mothers. And not only that, but I am still nursing a toddler who pointed at my boob the other day and said, "Bo-Bo." I cannot even believe that I am in this situation as I would've said the same thing as you about 2 years ago. In fact, I remember saying how gross it was that my friend was nursing her toddler in front of me ... another friend reminded me of this incident just recently. I guess I have a few hippy tendencies. I have lots more to say on this topic, but it's not appropriate for a blog comment. It involves citing World Health Organization statistics and a bunch of other shit.

Breastfeeding is a weird, weird concept to me (HUMAN MILK???), but somehow it's infiltrated my life. Oh well. Pray for easy goose weaning.

I'm still here and I'm trying to find Kimpossible. I'll keep you posted.

8:02 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

KP: NO, I'm not horrified at all!!! Hope you didn't take offense b/c I was not referencing you or anyone like you, I promise... Hell, maybe it just made me wonder if I have the "maternal" tendencies in me at all!? Hee, hee... ;)

NOTE: THE BREASTFEEDING SENTIMENT, IN MY CASE DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS, AS THEY ARE EXCLUDED FROM OFFENDING ONE ANOTHER REGARDING BREASTFEEDING RELATED SITUATIONS!!!

Waiting patiently for Kimpossible to return -- I miss giggling...

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home