Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Snippets... (my blurbs are in periwinkle text)

  • Note: I've added a site to my sidebar that I never knew about and that is just so me!!! {which means, "bitchy celebrity bashing"} How did I miss this before? The People We Love to Hate Boo-yah!!!
  • KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A 33-year-old man in northern Malaysia has married a 104-year-old woman, saying mutual respect and friendship had turned to love, a news report said Tuesday... It was Muhamad Noor Che Musa's first marriage and his wife's 21st... [All I can say is, I hope that by "friendship" turning to love, that means they DID NOT consummate the marriage -- ew. And did she just ride out those other 20 husbands? WTF???]
  • Many Young Americans Unable to Find Louisiana on Map -- Despite the wall-to-wall coverage of the damage from Hurricane Katrina, nearly one-third of young Americans recently polled couldn't locate Louisiana on a map and nearly half were unable to identify Mississippi... Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 fared even worse with foreign locations: six in 10 couldn't find Iraq, according to a Roper poll conducted for National Geographic. [This is just pitiful. Did these kids not have to take some sort of "American Civics" in school? Hell, I learned my states in 3rd freaking grade!!! And to think, Southerners are saddled with the stereotype of being ignorant rednecks. At least I know where Louisiana & Iraq are on a map!!! This is our future, people... Be afraid. Be very afraid.]
  • Nice 'stache, man... World Beard Championships [Fear not -- there are DVD's available on their "official" website for a mere $5...]
  • I can think of no better way to be welcomed back to my home continent than hearing the news story that Keith Richards fell out of a palm tree!!! Ha, ha! Rock the fuck on, old man!!! [note: this actually was the first news item I heard once I got back near an English-speaking news channel]
  • How To Dance Properly -- After sending this out to my very white & therefore rhythm-impaired friends (not all of you, of course), I received this noteworthy response from one: "...we're planning a Dance Off at my place in the coming weeks. Format will be similar to the NCAA tourament with automatic bids going to local club and bar competitions and at large bids going to hot new acts as well as some old school legends. I'll keep you posted."
  • It's really appalling: China waxworks snubs Charles -- SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Charles, who caused a stir by describing Chinese officials as "appalling old waxworks," has failed to make the cut at Shanghai's new Madame Tussauds Museum. [They probably were running low on wax for the statues when it came to planning for Prince Charles' ears, so they just said, "Hey, let's just do a statue of Posh Spice instead since she obviously doesn't eat & won't require as much..."]

1 Comments:

Blogger umrebel said...

regarding the malaysia post: Maybe she did "ride out" her other twenty husbands if you know what I mean

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home