Monday, July 17, 2006

Pick a Night, Any Night...

Last week is kind of a blur -- the sole reason being that I was working my ass off & my brain was pretty much nothing but mushy grey matter by the time I got home every night. Seriously, just about all of the nights run together as I was essentially worthless once I left the office (more so than usual, smart ass!)... this pretty much sums up just about any night of last week:

So there I sit, just relaxing with my drink (thank you, Jon!) while, uh, smoking [yeah, even despite the ungodly heat & humidity, I was choosing to inhale even more hot air -- brilliant, no? but come on, gotta take the edge off every now & then, right?) ], both whilst fighting off my summertime nemesis, the fucking mosquito... I don't know what it is about me (I'm so sweet? Ha!), but the little fuckers EAT ME ALIVE while people around me will be sitting there untouched amidst my gathering swarm. (I've heard a theory that their attraction has something to do with blood type, but the yummy-smelling lotion & perfume probably doesn't help! Accordoing to Wikipedia, "Being male, being overweight, and having type 'O' blood may increase the risk of being bitten." Okay, so I have the type 'O' blood, but I'm NOT a fat man. 1 out of 3 ain't bad, right?)

Anyway... the hummingbird wars have started back up again at my house -- they fight over the nectar in the feeder & will literally buzz the hell out of me whilst I'm innocently (ha!) idling my time away being worthless on my porch. They migrate to Belize every year during the winter & then come back... and I swear, at least one of them (see left) is the same one as last year b/c, after it gets a little sippy-sip, it flies back over & sits on the same branch of the same tree as last year. Guess I have a nectar-friendly yard to which it is worth returning for another season. I'm so honored.

The most exciting thing about last week? Jon & I bought a GRILL and he got to COOK MEAT ON IT!!! Man's domain. There was so much testosterone flying around that grill (along with wasps and 'skeeters) that I just stayed out of the way for safety reasons. Rule of Thumb: Don't mess with a man and his meat.
Okay, now that I got last week's worthlessness (outside of work) noted and out of the way, on to bigger & better things this week, right? And surely some more food (ahem, meat) cooked on the grill by my sweet & loving personal chef, jonpdalewood, who desperately needs to update his blog (hint, hint). ;) At least, that's the plan...

2 Comments:

Blogger JonPDalewood said...

sorry, due to a change in company policy we are no longer allowed to do anything but WORK! No eating, sleeping, drinking, playing, thinking (unless it's work related), pooping (again...work related only), because we are now being watched. Every move...under scrutiny. Ah, gotta love corporate BS!

3:57 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Big Brother is watching you. Careful what you say. They may start burning your books, too.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home